5 Things To Do This Weekend
Things To Do In Memphis This weekend
1. Live Music!
The concerts in Memphis this weekend are *chef’s kiss*. Here’s a sampling
- Bluebird Concerts in The Grove at GPAC: Brian "Breeze" Cayolle & New Orleans
- The Wild Feathers at Minglewood
- Kevin Galloway (Uncle Lucius) W/Jeremy Stanfill at South Main Sounds
- THE WHO HITS BACK! TOUR at FedExForum
- River Series at Maria Montessori School Amphitheater (Harbor Town):
- Bastille at The Soundstage at Graceland
- Memphis Symphony Orchestra Rhapsody in Blue with Conrad Tao at the Cannon Center
- Reigning Sound at Railgarten
- Memphis Symphony Orchestra Rhapsody in Blue with Conrad Tao at the Cannon Center (it’s two days of this concert)
2. Grizz Watch party, fourth Bluff, Friday, Pre-game party at 8 p.m. / tip-off 9 p.m., free to attend, all ages
It's time for another Grizz Watch Party with the Claw Crew, Grizz Girls, and all your fellows fans. The party is at Fourth Bluff Park on Front Street between Court and Jefferson. There's a $5 special event parking rate that the River Garden lot on Bass Pro Drive, and food trucks and cash bars on site. VERY limited seating, so be sure you bring your chairs and blankets and arrive in time to stake out your spot.
3. Manes on Main Festival, Soul & Sprits Brewery taproom, Saturday, noon to 10 p.m., free to enter, all ages/21 to drink
Head to “Uptown” for exclusive festival beers, refillable mugs, “Made In Memphis” vendor market, food trucks (Albees, New Wing Order, and Yippee Tripee) and—get this—a facial hair and hairstyle competition! If you have beautiful hair or a gorgeous beard, they are looking for contestants.
4. Hopped 2022, Memphis Made Brewing Co. taproom, Saturday, noon to 10 p.m., free to enter, all ages/21 to drink
Memphis Made Brewing Co.’s annual spring beer festival with limited released, live music (HEELS and Church Brothers), Gourmade and Soi Number 9 food trucks, and free glasses for the first 100 people.
5. Fried Chicken Fest, The Grove at GPAC, Saturday, 5 p.m. - 8 p.m., $10 to enter + cost of food, all ages/kid-friendly
Enjoy food for purchase from Gus’s World Famous Fried Chicken, Uncle Lou’s and Mike’s Hot Wings & Such at the outdoor venue at Germantown Performing Arts Center this Saturday. Big Barton and Lucky Seven Brass Band will perform!
Memphis In May World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest 2022, Liberty Park / Fairgrounds, May 11-14
This fierce competition is a four-day competition with hundreds of teams (representing the best of barbecue) that have been honing their craft for years. Coming from around the world, they'll compete for the title of World Champion and a share of the more than $140,000 in prize money. Note that locals call this "BBQ Fest" but if you don't have an invite to a team tent or a BBQ Alley ticket you won't be able to eat the BBQ—read up for more details.
Cheer on the soccer men downtown!
Alice's Adventures at the Garden at Memphis botanic
It's open! Make sure that you reserve your time to visit if you're not a member of the Memphis Botanic Garden.
Planentarium laser show on a lazy Sunday? I'm there.
There are a TON more events happening this weekend — scroll through them on the blog’s calendar!
SEE MORE ON THE BLOG'S CALENDAR HERE.
Veena, I love this challenge! What a great idea.
So much to do! I love my city ❤❤❤??????
Wondering if most restaurants downtown are open? Specifically Itta Bena or Majestic?
Coming from an hour away just wanting to know if things are open?
Is there music on the street on Beale?
Is Wet Willies back open?
Almost everything is open all over town, including Itta Bena, Majestic, and Wet Willy's. I strongly suggest making reservations and calling ahead because while places are open, they may have limited space or hours. I can't say if they will have music literally outside on the street, many clubs on Beale will have live music inside.
Thanks for telling us about the free kayak rental with kayakmemphistours downtown! First time to kayak on the Mississippi. Nice cool weather today and great pictures!
You're so welcome!!
We’ve got free Halloween movies screening all through October every Saturday at Crosstown Concourse starting October 2nd! A matinee for kids at 2pm and a feature for adults at 7! Also the Crosstown Arts Film Series has spooky features programmed for October , including a live score/silent film screening of THE CABINET OF DR CALIGARI along with a performance by the local industrial goth/pop band, THE POP RITUAL on October 28th!
What is happening this week at the Iconic Woman’s Exchange of Memphis?
Tennessee Crafts Southwest show, “Gail Laughlin Tribute; gardening, food and Fashion” Tuesday, October 5-15. Open M-F 10-4. 88 Racine Street, Memphis 38111.
PATRICIA A Valenza
Thank you, this is information I like to see.
You're great! Thanks for this service.