5 Things To Do This Weekend
Here are the five things you won't want to miss in Memphis this weekend—plus a few extra ideas!
Submit your events to the blog's calendar here.
June 18-20, 2021
1. Soulin on the River, Mud Isand River Park, Friday, 7 p.m., free, all ages
Head over to Mud Island for the return of Soul on the River free concert series this Friday, featuring the soulful music of Tonya Dyson.
3. Balloon Jamboree, Maynard Way (Collierville), Saturday - Sunday, 5:30 a.m., all ages
The only way to see the balloons (no rides available, you’re just watching them launch) is to get up super early and head to Collierville—the balloons launch around 6 a.m. Check this out for more info.
4. Memphis 901 FC v. OKC Energy, AutoZone Park, Saturday, 7:30 p.m., prices vary, all ages/kid-friendly
Memphis 901 FC is finally back and playing their first weekend home game this Saturday! Ticket details.
5. Time Warp Drive In, Summer Drive In, Saturday, $25 per car, parental discretion advised
It’s time for the annual Burn night! The Best of the Burns is all-night movies including Dazed and Confused, Fear & Loathing In Las Vegas, and Reefer Madness.
More Ideas for the weekend:
Bass Pro Shops will host two weekends of free, family-friendly fishing activities at the Pyramid this June (12-13 and 19-20). They’ll have catch-and-release ponds, giveaways, crafts, and a free copy of the “Fishing 101 Guide” while supplies last.
- Memphis and Mid-South area farmers markets
- Canoes + Cocktails, Shelby Farms Park, Friday, 6 p.m. - 10 p.m., $50 single / $75 double, 21 and up: Take a guided sunset paddle in a kayak (single or double) followed by socially-distant cocktails, snacks, yard games, and music. This is every Friday!
- Sunday Night Jazz Brunch, Hi Tone Cafe, Sundays, 5 p.m. - midnight, no cover: Every week, the Hi Tone brings a chill, jazzy evening brunch with food specials and either a live band or a DJ. Read more.
For more, check out the blog’s calendar—we’ve been adding a ton of upcoming events! Plus, with the new calendar you can search by date or by topic, like family friendly, theater, sports, and more. You can submit your events here.
Veena, I love this challenge! What a great idea.
So much to do! I love my city ❤❤❤??????
Wondering if most restaurants downtown are open? Specifically Itta Bena or Majestic?
Coming from an hour away just wanting to know if things are open?
Is there music on the street on Beale?
Is Wet Willies back open?
Almost everything is open all over town, including Itta Bena, Majestic, and Wet Willy's. I strongly suggest making reservations and calling ahead because while places are open, they may have limited space or hours. I can't say if they will have music literally outside on the street, many clubs on Beale will have live music inside.
Thanks for telling us about the free kayak rental with kayakmemphistours downtown! First time to kayak on the Mississippi. Nice cool weather today and great pictures!
You're so welcome!!