Everything You Wanted To Know About Volunteering In Memphis
The I Love Memphis Podcast June 2016 edition is live! This month, our guest is the founder and director of Volunteer Odyssey, Dr. Sarah Petschonek. She talks to us about Memphis and tells me and Kevin exactly where we should volunteer based on our interests – it’s truly impressive.
Sarah, me, and Kevin recording the May 2016 I Love Memphis podcast.
Just press play below to listen right here on the site.
Here are links to some things we talked about during the podcast:
– Servicemaster’s move to downtown Memphis
– Wolf River Conservancy
– Ghost River Rentals
– Allen’s Kayak Rentals
– Volunteer Odyssey website
– Sarah’s TEDxMemphis talk
– 10 Ways To Give Back In Memphis past posts
– New restaurants: Loflin Yard, La Herradura, Dirty Crow Inn, Canvas, Sabor Caribe, 99 Cent Soul Food, Cafe 1912 Tapas Bar, Newby’s, Lyfe Kitchen, Scoops Parlor
We couldn’t do this alone. Here are some lovely folks we’d like to thank.
– Our guest, Sarah, for taking the time to talk with us
– Daniel Lynn from Music + Arts Studio, where we record the I Love Memphis podcast
– Rick Trotter, announcer for the Memphis Grizzlies, for generously offering his amazing voice work
– Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau (my employer) for supporting the I Love Memphis blog and podcast
– Hope Clayburn, for making soulful funky tunes like “Love is on the Way”, which we sample on the podcast, and also for being our guest