Loflin Yard Open In South Main

Posted by Holly Whitfield | April 4th 2016 3943 2
Photo by Justin Fox Burks. Provided by Loflin Yard and used with permission.

From the folks who brought you Brewery Untapped, comes a new downtown Memphis outdoor restaurant/bar that opens this Thursday (April 7): Loflin Yard. It’s going to be a casual spot in – I have on good authority – a very cool atmosphere, open for dinner during the week and open during the day and ’til midnight on weekends.

All we really know right now is what’s in the press release. However, I’ll get a sneak peek before Loflin Yard in Memphis opens on Thursday, so I’ll be back with a full report soon.

This photo and top photo by Justin Fox Burks. Provided by Loflin Yard and used with permission.

Here’s some info from the release.

– It’s going to be an indoor/outdoor situation, with lawns, water features, patios, picnic tables, fire pits.

– Think rustic-but-fancy bbq joint. Tin roofs. Refurbished furniture.

– Food: beef brisket, pork tenderlins, trout, “fancy barbecue sides”, sausage and cheese plates, s’mores, homemade ice cream. Served family style.

– They’ll have wine, local beer, and liquor.

Loflin Yard will be open:

Wednesday-Thursday 4-10 p.m.
Friday 4-12 a.m.
Saturday-Sunday 12-12 a.m.
The kitchen will close an hour before closing time.
Loflin Yard downtown memphis

Photo via Loflin Yard on Facebook

Go there (on or after Thursday, April 7):

Loflin Yard
7 West Carolina Avenue
Memphis, Tennessee

Follow Loflin on Facebook and Instagram (@loflinyard), or visit loflinyard.com.

Comments

1. Bridget says:

Do we know if this place will be considered “kid friendly”?

• Holly Whitfield says:

I’ll try to find out when I go to the soft opening.

• Holly Whitfield says:

Bridget,

There’s space for kids to run around, and families are definitely welcome. There’s a big ditch and some unfinished buildings, though, so just a heads up that the kiddos might need a little supervision. I can envision that later into the evening, the crowd will become a bit more adult, so you can keep that in mind as well. When I was there for the soft opening, kids were totally welcome and they were there aplenty.

2. […] Go there …read more […]

3. Jeremy says:

I went by there last Tuesday (4/12/16) at 5:30 p.m. and they were definitely closed 🙁 One of the managers was super nice and gave us a quick insider tour of the place which helped offset the disappointment we’d had when learning they were closed that day despite the listed times on the article above. All good, just FYI everyone (and this is the updated edition straight from the source) their hours as of 4/12/16 are:

Wed-Thur 4-11
    Fri 4-12
    Sat 12-12
    Sun 12-9

ah and the kitchen always closes 1hr before close. The place is definitely worth a visit, it seemed like a brilliant idea!

• Holly Whitfield says:

Thanks Jeremy,
      I had no idea they’d changed their hours. This was the info given to me initially. I’m glad you were given a tour and thanks for the updated info. Usually places go through some changes when they first open, so it’s always a good idea to call ahead if you’re going right at the start. Let me know what you think when you do get to try it!