Gluten-Free Restaurants in Memphis
Updated September 2018
Whether you’re totally gluten-intolerant, or you just enjoy the health benefits of a gluten-free diet, it’s not always easy to find dining options beyond salads and bunless burgers. Here’s a list.
Keep in mind that these restaurants are not totally free of gluten contaminants. Always call ahead to find out the specifics if you have a serious gluten problem.
– Bounty on Broad is entirely gluten free (except for the beer) and you will never even think of it or know it. Seriously, you would never, ever know. Bring a group to take full advantage of their creative family-style seafood, proteins, veggies, and yes, desserts.
– Cheffies in East Memphis can make most items gluten free.
– Huey’s locations have a gluten free menu you can ask your server for.
– Local Gastropub has gluten free options.
– Amerigo Italian restaurant offers gluten free pastas.
– Lyfe Kitchen, which is downtown, has plenty of gluten free options. (The quinoa crunch bowl at the top of this post is gluten free.)
– Julle’s Posh Foods, a delivery/pre-order service, has gluten free options.
– Pizza: There are quite a few pizza places in Memphis that offer gluten free pizza options. Check out the Memphis Flyer article, which has details.
– Otherlands coffee shop and cafe in midtown, has gluten free options.
– Bedrocks Eats & Sweets downtown has a bunch of gluten and grain free options, including some seriously impressive waffles.
– All of Andrew Ticer and Michael Hudman’s restaurants can accommodate guests who don’t eat gluten, and the servers can answer questions about items on their seasonal menu. In addition: Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen has gluten free pasta, Hog & Hominy can make their pizza with gluten free dough.
– Sweet Grass can make menu items gluten free “with a few changes”, so just ask.
– Mosa Asian Bistro has gluten free options.
– Nourishe: Founded by two Memphis couples, Nourishe makes gluten, grain, dairy, and soy free mixes.
– Mary’s Gluten Free Goods: Inspired by her own battle with celiac, Mary Durham has been perfecting baking recipes for delicious gluten-free cookies, breads, and cupcakes for years. (Mary retired in the fall of 2015)
Know of more? Leave your ideas in the comments. I’m sure there are many.