Walk Across The Mississippi River On Big River Crossing
Walk Across The Mississippi River This October On Big River Crossing
The Harahan Bridge's Big River Crossing opened on October 22, 2016. Millions of Memphians, West Memphians, and visitors have walked, run, and biked across in the years since. If you haven't done it yourself, I consider it a Memphis must-do.
It offers incomparable views of the River, city skyline, and the Bass Pro Pyramid. It connects to the Big River Trail system which includes popular biking trails across the levees in West Memphis.
About Big River Crossing
- The bridge is about one mile long. You'll be able to walk, run, or bike it.
- Big River Crossing connects downtown Memphis to West Memphis, Arkansas as a part of the Main To Main project. There are plans for an eco-park on the other side.
- The Harahan Bridge is more than 100 years old.
- No motorcycles, please and thank you.
- If you truly hate heights, you might not love looking down at the river from the Big River Crossing. I'm not a big fan of heights myself, but it's not scary!
- It's free.
- It's a part of the Mighty Lights nightly show.
- Big River Crossing is open daily sunrise until 10 p.m.