10 Things To Put In Your Memphis Picnic Basket
It feels like summer is here already, and picnic season is well underway. Here are the top ten things to include in your Memphis picnic basket.
1. Pimento Cheese: try Tom’s Tiny Kitchen, Holiday Deli, or Porcellino’s.
3. Sandwiches: you can’t go wrong with Chinese Sub Shop or Fino’s.
4. Fruits and veggies: Pick up something food for you at a local farmers market.
5. Chips: go for Nikki’s Hot Ass Chips or Brim’s.
Photo via @nikkishotass
6. Charcuterie: Porcellino’s Craft Butcher has you covered. See also: their pricey but delicious pastries.
7. Local beer: go here to see a list of places to get your growler filled.
8. Craft sodas: Snag some at Sweet Noshings.
10. Candy: Shotwell’s Caramels are decadent, but won’t be as melty as chocolate.
Here are a few more of your suggestions from Twitter. Follow me on Twitter to be a part of the conversation.
What else would you put in your Memphis-themed picnic basket? Leave me a comment!
Taking a picnic to the Levitt Shell or the park? I need to know: what’s your must-have Memphis picnic basket item? pic.twitter.com/0B6Loi1BWK
— Holly Whitfield (@ilovememphis) June 6, 2015
@ilovememphis 2 piece white meat box from Pirtles
— gurleygurl (@gurleygurl) June 6, 2015
— Fetty Ruxpin (@Myra_Monkhouse) June 6, 2015
— Hannah Segui (@LilHannahS) June 6, 2015
— Josh Johnston (@901Josh) June 6, 2015
— Rob Coleman (@Roll_Bump) June 6, 2015
— mylissa horrocks (@MemphisCrier) June 6, 2015