10 Things To Put In Your Memphis Picnic Basket
It feels like summer is here already, and picnic season is well underway. On this month's I Love Memphis Podcast Bonus Clip, Kevin and I talk about the top ten things to include in your Memphis picnic basket.
Click to listen for specific recommendations for locally-made and unique Memphis products as Kevin and I work our way through the list. We also have some ideas for where to take a picnic in Memphis.
Below that, check out the list with links to more info on this mostly-locally-made deliciousness.
1. Pimento Cheese: try Tom's Tiny Kitchen, Holiday Deli, or Porcellino's.
3. Sandwiches: you can't go wrong with Chinese Sub Shop or Fino's.
4. Fruits and veggies: Easy Way is fast and doesn't involve as much parking lot angst as Kroger.
5. Chips: go for Nikki's Hot Ass Chips or Brim's.
Photo via @nikkishotass
6. Charcuterie: Porcellino's Craft Butcher has you covered. See also: their pricey but delicious pastries.
7. Local beer: go here to see a list of places to get your growler filled.
8. Craft sodas: Make-Your-Own-Six-Pack from hundreds of flavor options at Love Pop Soda Shop.
10. Candy: Shotwell's Caramels are decadent, but won't be as melty as chocolate.
Here are a few more of your suggestions from Twitter. Follow me on Twitter to be a part of the conversation.
What else would you put in your Memphis-themed picnic basket? Leave me a comment!
Taking a picnic to the Levitt Shell or the park? I need to know: what's your must-have Memphis picnic basket item? pic.twitter.com/0B6Loi1BWK
— Holly Whitfield (@ilovememphis) June 6, 2015
@ilovememphis 2 piece white meat box from Pirtles
— gurleygurl (@gurleygurl) June 6, 2015
— Fetty Ruxpin (@Myra_Monkhouse) June 6, 2015
— Hannah Segui (@LilHannahS) June 6, 2015
— Josh Johnston (@901Josh) June 6, 2015
— Rob Coleman (@Roll_Bump) June 6, 2015
— mylissa horrocks (@MemphisCrier) June 6, 2015