Where To Get King Cakes In Memphis + Mardi Gras Events 2023
Where To Get King Cakes In Memphis
Where can you get a king cake in Memphis and the Mid-South?
Mardi Gras is coming up on February 21, 2023. Below you have a list of places to get King Cakes in Memphis, a list of Mardi Gras events in Memphis, and a list of places to find Cajun and New Orleans inspired food in Memphis.
King Cakes from Primas
Where To Get King Cakes In Memphis + The Mid-South
Most folks will tell you to order a king cake from the many bakeries farther south, i.e, Louisiana, that ship them. But if you want to go local, here are a few places to get king cakes in Memphis:
- Farm & Fig: has a King Creole king cake and traditional king cakes available to pre-order.
- Ginger's Bread Co. makes king cakes and praline, just pre-order for pickup in midtown.
- Lucy J's Bakery in the Crosstown Concourse bakes kings cakes; you can pre-order online or find them at South Point Grocery, Cooper Young Farmer’s Market or at their location inside Crosstown Concourse.
- Blanchard's Organic Breads has king cakes available for pre-order.
- Jacque Louise Bakery offers gluten-free king cakes
- Kroger carries king cakes in their bakery.
- La Baguette in East Memphis offers king cakes—you can reserve yours in advance now.
- Primas Bakery + Boutique offers king cakes and other Mardi-Gras inspired treats for online pre-order. Scroll down to "Mardi Gras Menu" on the pre-order page here.
- Memphis Whistle offers personal size King Cakes. Made fresh daily and can take special orders.
- Super Lo grocery store on Spottswood carries king cakes.
- DeSoto Snow and Creamery has a variety of king cake flavors. Just call, DM or drop by to get one.
- Sweet Lala's Bakery has kings cakes available for pre-order. Email them to reserve yours now.
- Whimsy Cookie is offering a King Cake flavor Ooey Gooey cookie during the season.
- Voodoo Cafe sells Mardi Gras "3 Wise Men" beignets.
- New Wing Order's Mardi Gras wings will be back all February if you're looking to celebrate but not a king cake fan!
Many people opt order king cakes online and have them shipped to Memphis from Louisiana/South Mississippi. Folks swear by Manny Randazzo, Paul's Pastry, Haydel's, Gambino's, among many others.
I'm sure someone will try to fight me for leaving off their favorite NOLA/other king cakery. Don't panic, just feel free to add your suggestions in the comments.
Mardi Gras Events In Memphis
- Old Dominick Mardi Gras Party: Old Dominick Distillery hosts a beads, bling, and cocktails at the bar at the distillery downtown. Sunday, Feb. 18 from 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Mardi Gras Ball: Cocktails, Cajun Cuisine & Live Entertainment from New Orleans Native Jonte' Mayon. Hosted by Cynthia Daniels & Co. at The Cadre Building on Saturday, Feb. 25 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Mardi Gras at Bayou: Bayou is hosting a Mardi Gras event on Fat Tuesday with the Mighty Souls Brass Band and $4 pints of beer all day.
If you're hosting a Mardi Gras event, please email info to [email protected]
Cajun Food In Memphis
If you just want some Cajun and Creole cuisine for Mardi Gras in Memphis—or anytime—try these spots:
- Regina's Cajun Kitchen downtown
- Bayou Bar & Grill in Overton Square in midtown
- Owen Brennan's in East Memphis
- Itta Bena on Beale Street
- The Second Line
- Ben-Yay's downtown
- King's Palace Cafe on Beale Street
- Parish Grocery in Cooper Young
Places like Half Shell, Lafayette's, Rizzo's, and Blues City Cafe also have Cajun-inspired options and seafood and such.