Announcing The Virtual Memphis Beer Festival, Coming This October
I’m so happy to announce that the Virtual Memphis Beer Festival is happening October 3, 2020! I have all the details for the upcoming event, which will let you safely sample local brews and support our local breweries that we’ve been missing.
Tickets will go on sale tomorrow, August 18 with a special early bird price at virtualmemphisbeerfest.com. A portion of ticket sales will go towards the Memphis Food Industry Emergency Worker Assistance fund.
What Is A Virtual Memphis Beer Festival?
Cerrito Entertainment and the Madison Growler & Bottle Shop have planned out this event to be as fun—and as safe—as possible. You know Cerrito Entertainment’s Kevin Cerrito from his trivia and bingo nights (don’t miss our 901 Day Trivia at the Drive-in!) and you know about the Madison Growler & Bottle Shop because it’s that awesome beer station at Cash Saver in midtown and now, at High Point Grocery.
Back to the festival. Here’s how it will work:
- Purchase a ticket.
- While you’re buying that ticket, choose your pickup day and time.
- Pick up your beer, or have it delivered.
- Join in the interactive Zoom on October 3rd, from 2 p.m. – 6 p.m.
As for that interactive Zoom, you’re going to love it even if you are facing some Zoom fatigue currently (we’ve all been there). There will be scheduled tastings, Q&As with local brewers, live trivia (naturally), and a beer panel with an important mission: naming a new Memphis beer. There will be more entertainment and some live music streams, too, emceed by Kevin Cerrito.
Get Tickets For The Virtual Memphis Beer Festival
Tickets will go on sale on August 18, 2020 at 9:01 a.m. at virtualmemphisbeerfest.com. You’ll want to grab yours in the first 72 hours to take advantage of the $5 off Early Bird special with ticket code TAPZOOM901. Tickets will be $25 for general admission from August 18 at 9:01 a.m. until August 21 at 9:01 a.m. After the morning of the 21st, tickets will go up to $30.
General Admission Tickets – $30
- Access to the festival livestream
- 8 cans of beers from most all the local breweries and some regional breweries
- Souvenir koozie
- Memphis snack
VIP Tickets – $50
- everything from GA plus:
- access to the Virtual VIP Happy Hour on Friday, Oct. 2, featuring a musical performance by Amy Lavere
- 2 extra cans of beer (10 total)
- A commemorative growler filled with beer TBA
- VIP Memphis snack
Livestream only Ticket – $15
Don’t live in the Memphis area? Don’t drink, but you have FOMO on the biggest Memphis festival of 2020? Buy the Live Stream Only ticket to enjoy the show without the brews.
Picking Up the Beer For The Virtual Festival
Curbside pickup is free, or you can have your beer delivered to your home for $15 (you must be present and have a valid government-issued ID). Here are the pickup days and times. Festival-goers will pick pickup location when buying tickets.
– Wed, Sept 30 from 4:30-7pm at High Point Grocery
– Thurs, Oct 1 from 11:30am-2pm at High Point Grocery
– Thurs, Oct 1 from 4:30pm-7pm at Cash Saver Midtown
– Fri, Oct 2 from 11:30am-2pm at Cash Saver Midtown
*VIP ticket holders must pickup at Cash Saver on October 1 or select home delivery in order to claim the growler.
What Else You Need To Know
I took this fine print directly from festival organizers:
– Ticket holders must be 21 years of age or older. Every ticket holder must present a valid government-issued photo ID at pickup or delivery.
– The link for the festival’s livestream will be sent to the email provided at the time of purchase.
– Festival-goers will need to be able to connect to the internet with a device capable of streaming from YouTube. A few days before the fest, there will be a Livestream Test for attendees who want to verify they have a working setup.
– All sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.