National Pizza Day: Where To Get A Slice In Memphis

Posted by Holly Whitfield | February 9th 2020 9460 0

It’s National Pizza Day. Here are a few of our favorite pizza places in Memphis. Updated January 2020.

– Slice of Soul in the Medical District

–  Strano by Chef Josh in East Memphis. (They offer a special on Tuesdays with two-for-one pizza with lunch and dinner!)

– Aldo’s has locations in Midtown and Downtown

– Pyro’s Pizza has multiple locations in the Mid-South.

pyros pizza

Rock n Dough in Germantown

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Rock’n Dough Pizza + Brewery (@rockndoughpizza) on

Ferraro’s in the Pinch District

A post shared by 💰Slim K 💰 (@livekendrick) on

Memphis Pizza Cafe has multiple locations in the Mid-South offering their ultra-crispy thin crust. I personally like the Cajun Chicken Supreme, minus mushrooms, add feta.

High Point Pizza is a beloved hidden gem in the High Point neighborhood.

– Go for Camy’s for delivery pizza (and pasta, and steaks, and sandwiches…)

Broadway Pizza is a Memphis institution, if you like your pizza piled high with multiple layers of toppings.

Little Italy has all the New York-style pies, foldable slices, and other Italian favorites you could want. They deliver to limited areas.

Midtown Crossing Grill has delicious dough-y pizzas, and they do a daily lunch special with two slices and a drink for $5. Midtown Crossing has plenty of vegan options including vegan pizza.

Ciao Baby in Collierville offers authentic Neapolitan style pizzas, made with simple and fresh ingredients cooked super fast in a very hot oven.

Garibaldi’s is perfect for groups, college kids, parties, little league dinners, and affordable delivery. And they have a lunch buffet.

– DoughJo  cooks up tasty pizzas with all kinds of toppings inside the Puck Food Hall in South Main.

DoughJo pizza

Venice Kitchen has locations in Oxford, Miss. and on Perkins in East Memphis. They serve up a specialty pizza of the day as well as build-your-own pizzas and pastas.

View this post on Instagram

A post shared by Venice Kitchen (@venicekitchen_) on

– Hog & Hominy. You want to try it, I promise. (Sadly, Hog & Hominy is currently closed after a fire. Here’s to hoping

What are your favorite places to get pizza in Memphis?

Comments

1. John says:

No Trolley Stop Market? It's top tier Memphis pizza, in my book.

2. jgw says:

Best pizza in/around Memphis, for my money – having tried more or less all of these – is at Ciao Baby on West Poplar in Collierville.

3. Tamara says:

This is the best thing I've seen all day! Memphis Pizza Cafe is always and forever my jam!

4. Sarah McCormick says:

Old Venice Pizza Co on Perkins  across from Laurelwood has the best pizza crust in town. And great lunch specials. By far my favorite.

5. James says:

Midtown Crossing Grille in Crosstown is a wonderful new addition. I love The Hangover (steak, bacon, and an egg on top) with mushrooms added.

I’ve been happy with Lafayette’s too.

And I loved the pizza at the old Hi-Tone. Do they still do it at the new location?

Memphis has some serious pizza culture!

• Holly Whitfield says:

James, I have to get to the Midtown Crossing Grille soon! The new Hi-Tone doesn’t have their pizza unfortunately.

6. Clint Norwood says:

I went to Lost Pizza with a Groupon. The wings and nachos were okay but the pizza tasted like Chef Boy ArDee would be upset that someone fell short. No kidding. Pyro's doesn't hold a candle to Rock n Dough which is the one of the best in the region.

7. Chris Roberts says:

Ciao Baby in Collierville has authentic Neapolitan-style pizza and it’s fantastic — try the ricotta pizza if you go…

8. Shaquita Starks says:

Slice of Soul is a new pizza place in Memphis

9. Andrew Feinstone says:

I would have to have a Boscos Pizza Memphis first wood fired Pizza!
    Cheers