I Love Memphis Guide To New Year’s Eve 2017
If you’re looking for the 2018 New Year’s Eve Guide, click here.
It’s almost time for 2017, Memphis! Here are some fun and festive ways to celebrate the new year. If you have additions, submit them here. At the bottom of this post is a list of places open on New Year’s Day.
– AutoZone Liberty Bowl, Liberty Bowl Memorial Stadium, Dec. 30, noon (CST), various prices, all ages
Join 60,000+ football fans in Midtown for the annual AutoZone Liberty Bowl. This year, Georgia takes on TCU. Make a weekend of it – there’s a parade on Beale Street on Friday, December 30 at 11 a.m., followed by a pep rally in W.C. Handy Park at 4:30 p.m.
– “Superhero Spectacular” New Year’s at Noon, Children’s Museum of Memphis, Dec. 31, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m., free for members / $15 non-members, all ages
For those hard partiers that aren’t allowed to stay up until midnight (aka, children), CMOM is hosting their annual New Year’s at Noon party on December 31. This year’s theme appears to be superheroes. Kids can dress up, do a museum scavenger hunt, do crafts and enjoy a 12 p.m. balloon/candy drop. You must make a reservation, and space fills up fast.
– “London Calling” New Year, Ghost River Brewing Taproom, Dec. 31, noon – 8 p.m., free to attend, all ages/21+ to drink
Ghost River will close at 8 p.m., but they’re still ringing in the New Year…for London. Everyone of drinking age gets at 4 oz. pour of GR’s London Pale Ale for a toast at 6 p.m. Memphis MoJo Cafe food truck will be on site.
– Peter Pan NYE Matinee, Playhouse on the Square, Dec. 31, 2 p.m., prices vary, all ages
Playhouse’s New Year’s Eve performance will have some special fun, including an early ball drop and a meet and greet with cast members. (Note: They’ll also have pay-what-you-can shows on Thu. Dec 29 and Fri. Dec 30 at 7 p.m. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. exactly one week before the show.)
– Strano New Year’s Eve Tasting Menu, Strano Sicilian Kitchen, Dec. 31, seating begins at 5 p.m., prices vary, all ages
Strano in Cooper Young will host a five-course tasting menu with optional wine pairing. You’ll need to make a reservations. They’ll also have their regular menu.
– NYE with The Candy Company, Brass Door, Dec. 31, 7 p.m. – til, $10 cover, 21+
Celebrate New Year’s Irish pub-style at the Brass Door downtown. They’ll have The Candy Company band, two bars, a champagne toast, and passed appetizers.
– New Year’s at Lafayette’s Music Room, Dec. 31, 6 p.m. – until, $60 – $99, 21 and up
Travis Roman performs at 6 p.m., Roddie Romero & the HubCity All-Stars takes the stage at 10 p.m., and DJ Rob turns up at 1 a.m. You have two choices: The Midtown Dinner Package ($60 per person ++) for a 6 p.m. seating or the NYE Dinner Package ($99 per person ++) for an 9 p.m. seating and a reserved table the rest of the night. Details and tickets here.
– New Year’s at Blind Bear, Blind Bear Speakeasy, Dec. 31, dinner begins at 5 p.m., $17 cover after 8 p.m., 21 and up
The Blind Bear will serve dinner on New Year’s Eve for $35 per person or $60 per couple; reservations are 5 p.m. – 9 p.m. There’s a $17 cover after 8 p.m. and FreeWorld will perform starting at 9:30 p.m. Note: Blind Bear is 21+ and allows smoking.
– Celtic Crossing NYE, Celtic Crossing, Dec. 31, 5 p.m. – 2 a.m., $10 cover / $45 dinner, 21+
Ring in the New year at Celtic with live Irish music from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m., half price Guinness toast at 6 p.m. The $10 cover starts at 9 p.m. and includes party favors and party tent access. There’s also a four-course dinner for $45 (cover charge is waived if you’re having dinner).
The NYE Dinner Package at B.B. King’s on Beale includes a three-course dinner, party favors, champagne toast, and live music. If you just want to dance and drink, buy $20 advance tickets or pay $25 at the door. Call 901-524-5464 for reservations.
– 2017 Hard Rock Guitar Drop – A NYE Celebration (126 Beale St.), Dec. 31, doors at 6:30 p.m., $25 general admission, $150 VIP per person/$250 per couple, 21 and up
Post up at the Hard Rock Cafe on New Year’s Eve for live music, the Giant Guitar drop, and drink specials. VIP gets you front row seat to the guitar drop, champagne toast, food, and drink tickets. Reserve your space online, standing room only.
– NYE Bash at the Bucc, Dec. 31, 7 p.m. – 10 p.m., cover TBD, 21+
The Buccaneer Lounge offers a special “screw 2016” show with a half-dozen punk bands including Random Conflict. Follow the Facebook event for more details.
– New Year’s Eve w/ The West Tennessee Wife Swappers, Flying Saucer Downtown, Dec. 31 7 p.m. – 3 a.m., $10 cover, 21+
Enjoy live music from The West Tennessee Wife Swappers, party favors, champagne toast, and midnight breakfast buffet at the downtown Flying Saucer. You can reserve a table for $40.
– Peace, Love, & HOPpiness, Flying Saucer Cordova, Dec. 31 8 p.m. – , $10 cover, 21+
Ring in 2017 with a 70s themed party; expect beer specials and 70s tunes all night.
– Peabody Hotel New Year’s Eve Party, Peabody Hotel, Dec. 31, 8 p.m. – 2 a.m., $40 advance online / $50 door, 21+
The Peabody always goes all out for New Year’s Eve, and this year is no exception. On the 31st, they’ll have a massive party spread across the hotel with music from Hollywood, Seeing Red, DJ Mark Anderson, and the Rene Koopman Duo in the Corner Bar. If you spring for the VIP lounge tickets ($125), you’ll have access to hors d’oeuvres and unlimited champagne, Stella Artois, and valet.
– NYE at the P&H Cafe, Dec. 31, 9 p.m., $5, 21+
Head to the Poor & Hungry for more than six bands (rock, pop, funk, punk, all of the above) and throw down to say goodbye to this year.
– New Year’s Eve on Beale, 4th and Beale, Dec. 31, celebration begins at 9 p.m., free to attend outdoor show/covers for bars vary, 21 and up
The city’s biggest party of the year is on New Year’s Eve on Beale Street. Bobby Rush and Southern Avenue play a free show starting at 9 p.m. and bars on Beale will have all kinds of music and such going on. Plus, the Hard Rock Guitar Drop (see above) is at midnight. If mass revelry with 50,000 other people is your thing, this is what you need to do for NYE this year. Beale Street is 21+ after dark and individual establishments may enforce a 21+ entry at their discretion during other times.
– The Phoenix Club Fire Ball, Memphis Botanic Gardens, Dec. 31, 9 p.m. – 1 a.m., $65 first 150 online tickets, $75 at the door, 21 and up
Support the Boys and Girls Clubs of Greater Memphis while you ring in 2017 at the Phoenix Club’s James Bond themed party. Enjoy live music from Bluff City Collective Soul Band and an open wine and beer bar. Be sure to dress as your favorite Bond character.
– Overton Square NYE Bash, Overton Square Tower Courtyard, Dec. 31, 9:30 p.m. – 12:30 a.m., no cover, 21 and up
This year, enjoy a free neighborhood concert featuring Star & Micey and John Paul Keith and the 145’s, hosted by Alexis Grace. It’s free to hang around and enjoy the music, and drinks will be available for purchase. The idea is that you can hear some free live music and then keep partying at one of the Square’s many hot spots.
– Hi-Tone NYE With Quintron And Miss Pussycat, H-Tone, Dec. 31, 9 p.m., $15 – $20, 18 and up
Ring in the new year Quintron And Miss Pussycat’s live music plus all your usual Hi-Tone debauchery.
– New Year’s Eve Parties at Huey’s, all locations, Dec. 31, free to attend, all ages
All Huey’s locations will offer complimentary party favors and a midnight champagne toast for 21+ on New Year’s Eve. Cordova, Midtown, Germantown, and Southwind locations will have live music from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and most locations will have special New Year’s Eve hours that you can see here. Here’s the music lineup:
–Cordova: The Chaulkies
–Germantown: The Dantones
–Midtown: Billy Gibson Band
– Exhalation Party, Cadre Building, Dec. 31, 9 p.m. – 2 a.m., $50 – $100, 21+
Head to The Cadre Building for live musical performances by Lord T & Eloise, DJ Wick-It The Instigator and DJ Jordan Rogers, with proceeds benefiting Memphis Songwriters Association. This stellar night also includes a balloon drop at midnight, two ice luges and much, much more! Make sure to wear a dab of white to be seen in the black light.
– Daisyland Presents: Blackout II, New Daisy Theatre, Dec. 31, 9 p.m. – 5 a.m., $10 and up
If you want to dance all night, the New Daisy is the place to be They’ll have complimentary cocktails from 9 p.m. to 10:30 p.m. and a champagne toast at midnight, plus party favors. I’m seeing $10 (+$5 in fees) tickets for GA and $30 (+$5 in fees) for VIP general admission, plus couples and group tables for sale.
– Neu Year’s Eve at Bleu, Bleu Restaurant (inside the Westin Hotel), Dec. 31, 9:30 p.m. – 2 a.m., $75++, 21+ to drink
Enjoy Chef Ana’s 4-Course dinner, plus favors, midnight champagne, and free valet. There will be a DJ afterwards in the hotel lobby. Make reservations.
– A Mighty New Year’s Eve Countdown, Bayou Bar & Grill, Dec. 31, 10 p.m. – 2:30 a.m.
Countdown to the new year with the Mighty Souls Brass Band and food and drink specials all night. I’m trying to find out if there is a cover or a 21+ age restriction.
– New Year’s Eve w/ Three Star Revival and wARM, Young Avenue Deli, Dec. 31, 10 p.m. – 2 a.m., there will be a cover, 21+
Music, food, beer, at The Deli.
– Madison Hotel New Year’s Eve White Party, Madison Hotel, Dec. 31, 10 p.m., $50, 21+
Partygoers don their very best holiday whites and get ready to count down to the New Year with a night of adventures including a live DJ, a lighted LED dance floor, and smoke machines. Make reservations here.
– Ring In the New Year at Loflin Yard, Dec. 31, 10 p.m., $20 cover
Celebrate at Loflin with WALRUS performing live in the Coach House, bonfires outisde, and a champagne toast at midnight. You can buy tickets online or at the door.
– NYE PARTY Marcella & Her Lovers w/ Terrance Simien, BAR DKDC, Dec. 31, 10:30 p.m. – 1:30 a.m., there will be a cover, 21+
Slide into 2017 with tunes from Memphis’ own swamp-raised songstress and her pops.
For a list of places open on New Year’s Day, click here.