Memphis Holiday Markets And Shopping Guide
It feels way too early (maybe because it was 80 degrees today) but the holiday shopping season approacheth no matter how much I doth protest. Here’s a list of holiday markets and sales in the Memphis area. I’d love to add more to the list, so please submit your event here to be included.
– Greatest Gift Holiday Market, Central Church (2005 E. Winchester), Nov. 6 from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. / Nov. 7 from 10 a.m. – 3 p.m.
70+ holiday vendors at Collierville’s Central Church’s two-day market.
– Broad Avenue Art Walk, Broad Avenue, November 6, 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Shop stores and sidewalk sales plus enjoy a celebration in honor of the re-vamped water tower with live music, food, drinks, and more.
– Cooper Young Community Farmer’s Market, First Congo parking lot, Saturdays year-round, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Cooper Young Farmers Market switches to Winter Market hours and vendors starting November 7. Shop for local produce and pre-made foods, Memphis Made beer, and handmade items (all-natural beauty supplies, jewelry, crafts and more).
– Junior League Merry Marketplace, Racquet Club (5111 Sanderlin Ave.), November 12 – 14, $10 – $30
Shop for handmade gifts with proceeds benefiting the mission of the Junior League (support local women and children in need). Click here for exact hours and special events.
– Crafts and Drafts, Autumn Ave. and N. Watkins (behind Crosstown Arts), November 14, 10 a.m – 4 p.m.
Local vendors will sell arts and crafts while you sample local craft brews; there will be music and a kids’ area, too.
– Chanukah Marketplace, Temple Israel (1376 E. Massey Rd.), November 15, 9 a.m – 1 p.m.
Find menorahs, candles, dreidels, children’s gifts, games, jewelry, and holiday treats for sale at the annual Temple Israel Sisterhood Chanukah Marketplace.
– Sunday Funday Art Show, High Cotton Brewery, November 15, 1 p.m. – 5 p.m.
Great local artists offer up lovely gift ideas (jewelry, art, Memphis-themed pieces, ceramics, and more) while you enjoy $3.50 pints of High Cotton beer and food for sale from Gourmade Food Truck.
– Holiday Store, Metal Museum, November 20 – January 3, 10 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Handmade metal items -everything from jewelry to serving ware to ornaments – will be for sale at the Metal Museum all through the holidays. For specific days and hours, click here.
– Memphis Arts Collective Market, 1501 Union Avenue, November 27 – December 24
Artisan members of the Memphis Art Collective host a nearly month-long market. Hours and other info available soon here.
– Stock & Belle Local Vendor Market, 387 S. Main St., November 27 – 28
South Main’s newest shop will be home to a local vendor’s market featuring original art, clothing, jewelery, cards, and more. Open Friday night 6 p.m. – 10 p.m. (during Trolley Night) and Saturday from 9 a.m. ’til 7 p.m.
– Modern Handmade “Christmas On The Island”, 103 Harbor Town Square, November 28 – December 26, 11 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Head to Harbor Town Thursdays through Sundays each from 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. for handmade gifts and goods.
Caritas Village Holiday Market, Cartias Village, December 4 – 5
Shop from a great selection of affordable gifts made by local artists and artisans, a country store with jams, preserves and baked goods, and custom made ornaments for sale. 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. both days.
– Choose901 Holiday Popup Shop, 409 S. Main, December 4 – 5
Choose 901’s 2nd annual holiday shop will offer t-shirts, Choose 901 merch, Memphis-themed art, and more in a much bigger space this year. Dec. 4 hours are 2 p.m. to 8 pm. and Dec. 5 hours are 11 a.m. to 8 p.m.
– Brooks Museum Holiday Artist Market, Brooks Museum, December 6, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
More than 45 local and regional artist have been selected to sell original art on this one-day Sunday market. Check out the artist list here and bring some extra cash for the bar to drink while you shop.
– Memphis Farmer’s Market, GE Patterson and S. Front, December 12, 10 a.m. – 1 p.m.
Shop with all your favorite fame’s market vendors plus a few extras for the holidays.
-Indie Memphis Holiday Market, Muddy’s Midtown, December 12, 11 a.m. – 5 p.m.
This curated market features carefully selected artisans, vendors, and makers offering their wares in the Muddy’s Midtown backyard.
The annual local gift guide is coming soon. In the meantime, if I left off any shopping events or markets, please submit the info here.