Hope Clayburn: Awesome Nurse, Memphis Musician, and September Podcast Guest
The I Love Memphis Podcast Septemeber edition is now available! This month, we had an amazing guest – local soul/funk musician Hope Clayburn, who you may recognize as the artist who sings the Podcast theme song.
You can subscribe for free right here to make sure you don’t miss a minute of Kevin Cerrito and me interviewing interesting Memphians.
Just press play below to listen right here on the site.
I Love Memphis Podcast #18 (September 2015) (56:00)
By: Holly Whitfield, Kevin Cerrito
Description: On this month’s I Love Memphis Podcast, Holly and Kevin sit down with international funk and soul musician, nurse, and Grizz fan Hope Clayburn. During the interview, Hope talks about traveling the world to represent Memphis music, her favorite gigs, what it’s like to lead a “double life” as an ICU nurse at Regional One Health (formerly known as The Med). Then she pulls out a flute and starts beatboxing.
Here are some links to things we talked about in the podcast:
– 901 Day
– TEDx Memphis
– Creative Works Conference – tickets still available!
– Hope Clayburn
– Memphis Slim House
– Dave Brown
– Mid-South Severe Weather Drinking Game
We couldn’t do this alone. Here are some lovely folks we’d like to thank.
– Daniel Lynn from Music + Arts Studio, the new home for recording the I Love Memphis podcast
– Rick Trotter, announcer for the Memphis Grizzlies, for generously offering his amazing voice work
– Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau (my employer) for supporting the I Love Memphis blog and podcast
– Hope Clayburn, for making soulful funky tunes like “Love is on the Way”, which we sample on the podcast, and also for being our guest