Places That Will Be Open On Thanksgiving in Memphis
Places That Will Be Open On Thanksgiving in Memphis
If you're looking for a list of places open in Memphis for Thanksgiving in 2019, click here.
Turkey Day is waddling towards us, and I know y'all are itching to plan your holiday. If you're not in the cooking mood, or if you want to go out after you wake up from your afternoon food coma, here's a running list of places that will be open in Memphis on Thanksgiving, plus a few events that are going on during the week.
If you know of any other places or events, please add them in the comments.
Places open during the day (Thanksgiving Day, November 27, 2014):
- The Bayou (2094 Madison Ave.) will open at 2 p.m.
- Bleu will be open from noon to 5 p.m. with a Thanksgiving buffet. The buffet is $45 for adults, $19 for kids under 12, and free for kids under 5, plus tax +gratuity. Valet parking, entertainment, and a family photo is included. Call 901-334-5950 for reservations.
- Capital Grille will be open from noon to 9 p.m. with an a la carte menu plus Thanksgiving favorites. The Thanksgiving meal is $36 for adults, $15 for children plus tax + gratuity. Call (901) 683-9291 for reservations.
- Capriccio Grill is open from 11 a.m. to 10 p.m. The three course meal is $36 per person, $16 for children under 12, plus tax + gratuity. Call 901-529-4199 for reservations.
- Chez Philippe is having Thanksgiving dinner from 3 p.m. - 8 p.m. The four course meal is $75 per person plus tax + gratuity. Call 901-529-4188 for reservations.
- The Cupboard (1400 Union Ave.) will serve Thanksgiving meals from 10 a.m. until around 3:30 p.m.
- eighty3 (83 Madison Ave.) will be open all day with a modified menu, and will serve a four-course Thanksgiving meal from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. and 4 p.m. - 8 p.m. The meal is $45 for adults, $19.95 for the kids' plate for kids 11 and under, plus tax and gratuity. Valet parking is included. Make reservations by calling (901) 333-1224 or visiting eighty3memphis.com.
- Not that this counts as dinner, but Gibson's Donuts (760 Mount Moriah) will be open until noon.
- Holiday Inn at The University of Memphis is serving a Thanksgiving buffet with seatings at 10:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. It's $34.95 for adults, $30.95 for seniors, $15.95 for kids 12 and under, and free for kids under 5, plus tax and gratuity. Call 901-678-8200 for reservations.
- Neil's Music Room (5727 Quince Rd.) will be open from 11 a.m. to 3 a.m. and will serve Thanksgiving dinner. You can also order to-go.
- The Peabody Hotel is having a Thanksgiving brunch buffet on the Mezzanine from 10:30 a.m. - 3:30 p.m. It's $64 for adults, $22 for kids 12 and under, and free for kids under 5, plus tax + gratuity. Call 901-529-3668 for reservations.
- Paulette's (50 Harbortown Square) will be open from 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. The three course meal is $54.95 per person plus tax and gratuity. Call 901-260-3300 for reservations.
- Ruth's Chris Steakhouse (6120 Poplar) will be open from 12 p.m. - 8 p.m.
- Terrace at the River Inn (On the roof of 50 Harbortown Square) will be open from 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. The three course meal is $39.95 per person.
- Texas de Brazil (150 Peabody Place) will be open from 11 a.m. to 9:30 p.m. Traditional Thanksgiving fare will be served along with the usual buffet for $44.99 per person.
Places open at night:
- B.B. King's (143 Beale) will open at 5 p.m. and the B.B. King's Blues Club All-Star Band plays at 7 p.m.
- Bar DKDC (964 Cooper St.) will host the Memphis Sheiks "Sheiksgiving" show at 10:30 p.m. 21 and up. $5 cover.
- Bardog Tavern (73 Monroe) will be open from 5 p.m. - 3 a.m.
- Blind Bear Speakeasy (119 S. Main) will be open from 4 p.m.-ish to 3 a.m.
- Brookhaven Pub (695 W. Brookhaven Circle) will open between 4 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Celtic Crossing (903 S. Cooper) will open at 5 p.m.
- The Downtown Flying Saucer (130 Peabody Place) will open at 5 p.m.
- The Cordova Flying Saucer (1400 N. Germantown Pkwy.) will open at 5 p.m.
- The Green Beetle (325 South Main) is usually open for dinner.
- The Hi-Tone (412 N. Cleveland) is having a show. Tanks with La Pistola will play at 9 p.m., $5 cover.
- Huey's has several locations open on Thanksgiving. East Memphis will be open from 5 p.m. - 1 a.m., Midtown will be open from 6 p.m. - 12 a.m., Germantown will be open from 5 p.m. - 1 a.m., and Cordova will be open from 5 p.m. - 2 a.m.
- Lafayette Music Room in Overton Square will open at 6 p.m. Yearwood & Burroughs plays after 6 p.m. and Ghost Town Blues Band goes on around 9:30 p.m.
- Murphy's (1589 Madison) usually opens in the evening.
- Patrick's (4972 Park) will open at 5 p.m. with their late night menu plus turkey and dressing.
- Perkins in Germantown (1340 S. Germantown Parkway) will be open from 6 a.m. - 2 p.m.
- The Pumping Station (1342 Poplar Ave.)will be open from 4 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- R. P. Tracks (3547 Walker) will be open from 5 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Seasons 52 (6085 Poplar Ave.) will serve Thanksgiving prix fixe menu from 4 p.m. - 10 p.m. It's $26.95 for adults and $12.95 for a child's portion.
- Slider Inn (2117 Peabody Ave.) will be open from 5 p.m. to 3 a.m.
- Young Avenue Deli (2119 Young Ave.) will be open starting at 5 p.m.
- The Zebra Lounge in Overton Square will be open for normal hours (6 p.m. - 2 a.m. on Thursdays).
A Few Things To Do In Memphis For Thanksgiving 2014:
- Zoo Lights, Memphis Zoo, select nights including Thanksgiving Nov. 21 - Dec. 30, 5:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m., $6 members/$8 nonmembers, all ages/kid-friendly (Zoo on Ice is an extra $6)
- Starry Nights, Shelby Farms, every night Nov. 21 - Dec. 28, Sun - Thu: 6 p.m. - 9 p.m., Fri - Sat: 6 p.m. - 10 p.m., $20 per car/$50 per van/limo, all ages/kid-friendly
- Thanksgiving Decor at The Dixon, Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Nov, 22 10:30 - noon and Nov. 25 - 30, free with museum entry, all ages
The Dixon is decorating for Thanksgiving with a sumptuous holiday table, foyer, living room, and library mantle designs. On Nov. 22, Suzy Askew will give a talk on cornucopias and Thanksgiving centerpiece design ($40 members/$50 nonmembers)
- Metal Museum Holiday Show and Sale, 374 Metal Museum Dr., Nov. 22 - Jan. 4, prices vary
- A Christmas Story: The Musical, Orpheum Theatre, Nov. 25 - 30, excluding Thanksgiving, times vary, $35 - $135, 13 and up
- Turkey Trot 4 Miler benefitting the March of Dimes, Botanic Gardens, Thanksgiving Day, 9 a.m., $30 - $45, all ages/kid-friendly
- Peabody Christmas Tree Lighting, Peabody Hotel Lobby, Nov. 28, 11 a.m. - 7 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
- North Mississippi Allstars Concert, Minglewood Hall, Nov. 28, doors at 7 p.m., $20 adv./$22 day of show, all ages