Happy National Hot Dog Day 2014! Here’s Where to Celebrate
Happy National Hot Dog Day!
Here are a few places in Memphis that have hot dogs (and holiday-appropriate hot dog specials):
– Chiwawa is celebrating with half-price hot dogs all day and a special Street Dog Foundation adoption time on the patio from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. Also, if you bring an item off the Street Dog Foundation's wish list (find it here) then you'll get a dollar off domestic beer.
– Hog and Hominy has an incredible beef and cheddar dog on both their lunch and dinner menus.
– You can celebrate with a corn dog or sausage dog from Carnival Food Drive Thru and then wash it down with a funnel cake and some lemonade.
– Lunchbox Eats has the Principal's Office Link, which is a hot sausage topped with fried eggs, lettuce, tomatoes and sauce, wrapped in a grilled cheese sandwich. Just think about that for a second.
– Elwood's Shack on Summer Avenue has the best hot dog I've had probably in my life. The BBQ Slaw Dog is an all-beef hot dog topped with slightly spicy slaw made of purple cabbage, jalapeños, and blue cheese. Yes. Blue cheese.
– Blues City Hot Dogs on Highland has ten hot dogs on their menu (including a veggie dog) with every kind of topping from shrimp to cheesy grits to the "Elvis Dog" – bacon wrapped and served in pancake with syrup.
Where are you celebrating? Know of any other hot dog specials? Add them in the comments.