Announcement: We Have An I Love Memphis Podcast!
If you follow me on Instagram or Twitter you may have seen a few teasers recently for a new project I've been working on along with several talented Memphians. The time has come for all our secrets to be revealed.
I'm pleased to announce the very first I Love Memphis Podcast, co-hosted by Kevin Cerrito and myself, featuring the voice of the Grizzlies, Rick Trotter, and this podcast's special guest, Joe Birch of Action News 5.
Kevin and I decided to create this podcast after we met on Kevin's radio show because people love podcasts (you can listen while you workout! while you clean! while you drive!) and people love Memphis. This makes perfect sense.
You can listen right here on the site, or download an mp3 to your device.
Or you can subscribe on iTunes here. Please rate us and review!
Highlights from I Love Memphis Podcast #1:
– Kevin and I discuss two things we're loving in Memphis right now: "Steaktown" and Broad Avenue shenanigans
– Joe Birch talks about how he got his job, the time his seventies hair ended up in a midtown woman's backyard, when he met Tom Brokaw, and his charity work (including the Gibson Guitar 5K that he founded)
– Kevin and I talk about the things you should do in March, including a few events this weekend
– Our question for podcast #1 is "What Memphis restaurant do you think should start serving breakfast?"
Listen to see what mine and Kevin's pick is, and then email or Tweet us with the answer.
We couldn't do this alone. Here are some lovely folks we'd like to thank.
– Johnny Hardin aka Johnny Radio aka Johnny Podcast, Production Director at WUMR U92 FM for production, editing, and in-studio entertainment
– Malvin Massey, General Manager at WUMR U92 FM at The University of Memphis for use of facilities
– Rick Trotter, announcer for the Memphis Grizzlies, for generously offering his amazing voice work
– Memphis Convention and Visitors Bureau (my employer) for supporting the I Love Memphis blog and podcast
– Joe Birch, anchor for Action News 5, for taking the time to join us for a wonderful interview and be our very first guest
– Huey's Restaurants, for support and delicious grub
– Hope Clayburn, for making soulful funky tunes like "Love is on the Way", which we sample on the podcast
Tell us what you think!