Monday News Update: Is This Really July? Edition
Lovely weather we're having today, isn't it?
Today in Memphis, we've got cheaper beer, a new basketball court, burger honors and a feel good moment care of Penny Hardaway. Also, the Front Street Deli returns.
All of that (and more) is in today's Memphis news update.
Instagrammer @ashpeak took this seasonally-appropriate photo at the Levitt Shell on Saturday night. If you'd like to see your Memphis Instagram photos featured here, please tag them #ilovememphis.
– Oh, happy day: it just got cheaper to buy beer in Tennessee.
– Two Memphis burgers (and not the two you'd think) made Thrillists' list of the 33 Best Burgers in the Entire Country.
– If you haven't already, take a minute to read the Flyer's huge cover story about the rebirth of Overton Square.
– Today's feel good moment of the day: Penny Hardaway is working to help uninsured Memphians get healthcare discounts.
– Pitchfork has video of the newly reuninted Replacements rehearsing the greatest Replacements song ever ("Alex Chilton").
– As of this morning, the Front Street Deli (at the corner of Union and Front) is open again.
– Since this week is a holiday week, and most of you guys seem to be on vacation, posting is going to be a little bit light. I'll be back at full force starting next Monday.
Have a tip for I Love Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.