Wednesday News Update: A Martini, a Pajama Party, a Juice Truck and a Stray
Today in Memphis, celebrate a holiday (and pajamas), head to Beale to hear some super talented Stax Academy alumni and get excited about a new juice truck. Also, try to figure out why there seem to be more stray peacocks on our streets than normal.
Warning spotted at Shelby Farms by Instagrammer @billsimmers. If you'd like to see your Instagram photos here, please tag them #ilovememphis.
– Happy National Martini Day! Here are a few places in Memphis where you can celebrate appropriately.
– It's not a food truck, it's a juice truck (and it's taking to the streets later this month).
– This is cool: the first-ever Stax Music Academy Alumni Band has a standing gig at B.B. King's every Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoon in June.
– On Saturday, Memphis rapper Muck Sticky will celebrate his 4,000th consecutive day in pajamas (not the same pair) with a show / pajama party at the New Daisy. Some quick math shows that Muck hasn't worn pants with a zipper in more than 10 years.
– Yesterday, kids in Memphis jumped in the water to participate in the attempt to break the record for the "World's Largest Swimming Lesson".
– I don't think of AAA baseball as a fighting sport, but hey – you never know.
– Lastly, this is the second stray peacock I've heard about in the past few weeks. Is something going on? Is this a thing? Where are they coming from?
Have a tip for I Love Memphis? If you've got a tip for ILM, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.