Thursday News Update: Club Memphis Edition
Today in Memphis, we've got changes at the Rendezvous, a new express bus to Chicago, the low-down on DishCrawl and a rather silly video. Plus, got a ton of chances to win all kinds of things.
Here's your Thursday Memphis news update.
I don't know what Club Memphis is, but I want to be a member. Today's photo is by @memphish. If you'd like to see your photos here, tag them #ilovememphis on Instagram. Thanks to everyone who's already done it – there are so many great photos to choose from that I'm thinking about doing a gallery of them so that everyone can see them.
– First, let's take a second to wish a very happy retirement to Rendezvous server / downtown icon Jack Dyson.
– All of that voting has paid off: Memphis is currently first place in Southern Living's Tastiest Town contest. Keep it up, though, so we can levy a good and solid butt-kicking to North Carolina. You can vote once per day per email address.
– Speaking of contests, the Grizzlies are offering fans a chance to design a "Made in Memphis" t-shirt to be handed out at at the Friday, Feb. 22 game. In other Grizz news, the Rednezvous stand at the FedExForum is now serving the restaurant's famous sausage and cheese plates.
– You've got one more day to get your love stories submitted for the Soul Mate Dream Date Contest. Voting starts on Monday.
– Recipe alert: the Chubby Vegetarian has created the perfect pepper jelly and cream cheese rangoon. (And while you're checking out the post, vote for TCV as Kitchn's best recipe blog.)
– Greyhound obviously loves us: they're adding a Chicago to Memphis express route on Feb. 14, 2013.
– Good news, those of you living in (or visiting) Little Rock, Ark. – you're getting a Gus's!
– Did you miss this week's Dishcrawl? Hungry Memphis didn't, and they've been kind enough to report back.
– Lastly, here's a video of District 9 Congressional Representative Steve Cohen dancing to his very own, personalized re-election rap song. I have nothing to add to that.
Help me make ILM better: If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram and/or Pinterest.