Monday News Update: Job and Volunteer Opportunities, New Sounds and a Birthday
Today in Memphis, we've got job and volunteer opportunities, a call for local sounds, and a list of street closures this week. Also, get out your party hats – it's Elvis' birthday week.
All of that and more is in your Monday Memphis news update.
Photo of downtown Memphis at night by @rusticexcurision via Instagram. If you'd like to see your photos featured on ILM, tag them #ilovememphis.
– Firstly, happy birthday, Elvis. If he were still alive, he would be 78 years old tomorrow and probably still rocking some kind of sequins. Here's some information on Graceland's 2013 celebration.
– Speaking of Elvis, Sun Studio is hiring two full-time (40 hrs./wk) tour guides, starting immediately. The positions come with benefits, paid vacation and generous tips. If you're interested, apply in person at Sun Studio any day of the week between 10 a.m. and 6 p.m.
– Starting today, there are going to be railroad repairs, and thus, street closures, along Southern Ave. Here's a list of what's going to be closed and when.
– If you're looking for a volunteer opportunity, the city is looking for tutors for at-risk kids.
– The Brooks Museum is looking for locals to help bring some sound to the giant Paik sculpture in their lobby.
I can't do it alone: If you've got a tip for I Love Memphis, send me an email. If you'd like to submit a story, photo gallery, video or something else for the blog, do that here. If you've got an event coming up, please add it to the calendar, and if you're not already, follow ILM on Facebook and/or Twitter and/or Instagram.