UPDATED: Try Something New During Downtown Dining Week 2012
For information about Downtown Dining Week 2017, click here.
Get those Jacksons ready, Memphis: Downtown Dining Week is scheduled for Nov. 5 – 11, 2012.
During Downtown Dining Week (Nov. 5 – 11), participating restaurants are offering special prix fixe dinners for $20.12. Reservations aren’t required, but they’re highly recommended if you’re hoping to check out the more high-end restaurants (Felicia Suzanne’s, Eighty3, Chez Philippe, etc.).
Here’s a list of this year’s participating restaurants and their menus:
– Aldo’s Pizza Pies (100 S. Main St.): Any appetizer with any 18 inch pizza for $20.12.
– Automatic Slim’s (83 S. Second): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: wedge salad or soup. Entree: Chicken Picatta or Steak and Egg. Dessert: Slim’s Peanut Butter Passion or dessert of the day.
– Bangkok Alley (121 Union Ave.): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: chicken satay or Thai rice ball. Entree: Pad ped seafood or beef pineapple curry. Dessert: mango pie and sorbet or chocolate fudge cake.
– Bardog Tavern (73 Monroe): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: Roasted Poblano chicken chowder and caesar salad or eggplant rollatini. Entree: roasted pork tenderloin or baked vodka penne with vegetables. Dessert: carrot cake or pumpkin cake.
– B.B. King’s Blues Club (143 Beale St.): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: gumbo or house salad. Entree: barbecue pork platter, Cajun carbonara, catfish platter or chicken fried chicken. Dessert: banana bread pudding.
– Bleu (170 Lt. George W Lee Ave.): Choose one from each category. Appetizer: seafood stuffed oyster or pear and goat cheese salad. Main course: flounder, venison or chicken. Dessert: molten chocolate cake or spiced poached pear.
– Blind Bear (119 S. Main St.): Any one appetizer, any two entrees and two banana puddings for $20.12.
– Bluefin (135 South Main): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: soup of the day or house salad. Entree: smoked pork tenderloin or seared duck breast. Dessert: creme brulee or bread pudding.
– Brass Door Tavern (152 Madison Ave.): Appetizer: Choose either goat cheese or chicken dip. Main course: chicken curry with rice. Dessert: Campfire cheesecake or bread pudding.
– Capriccio Grill (142 Union Ave.): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: Minestrone soup or Caesar salad. Entree: Grilled flank steak with mashed potatoes and vegetables or Chicken Primavera. Dessert: Apple streusel oatmeal pie.
– Chez Philippe (142 Union Ave.): French onion soup, your choice of Shortrib Bourguignon or slow roasted salmon, vanilla creme brulee.
– City Market (66 S. Main St.): For $20.12, you can get any two sandwiches with chips, pickles and cookies or you can make two meals with a meat and two sides from the deli case.
– Double J Smokehouse (124 G.E. Patterson): Choose one from each category. Appetizer: barbecue egg roll or mixed greens salad. Main course: 16 oz. pork steak or 14 oz. ribeye. Dessert: apple or pecan pie a la mode or brownie a la mode.
– Eighty3 (83 Madison Ave.): Green tomato and candied bacon BLT to start and a main course of shrimp and grits with salty caramel ice cream for dessert.
– Felicia Suzanne’s (80 Monroe): Menu coming soon.
– Grawemeyer’s (520 S. Main St.): Choose one from each category. Appetizer: midnight train to Memphis or soup of the day. Main course: Chicken enchiladas or German Plate or coconut encrusted grouper. Dessert: cake of the day or chess pie.
– Itta Bena (145 S. Second): Choose one from each category: Appetizer: Caesar salad or mushroom bisque. Main course: 8 oz. New York Strip or blackened tilapia. Dessert: white chocolate bread pudding or chocolate chunk brownie.
– Kooky Canuck (97 S. Second): Pick one appetizer and two entrees from their Downtown Dining Week list for for $20.12.
– Local Gastropub (95 S. Main St.): Choose one from each category. Appetizer: jumbo lump crab cake or cheddar ale bisque or wilted spinach salad. Main course: braised pork belly or chicken lasagna or chili crusted New York Strip. Dessert: Bread pudding of the day or warm brownie.
– Lunchbox Eats (288 S. Fourth St.): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: Shortrib chili or smoked tomato salad. Entree: School Bully Crawfish Joes or Class Turkey Valedictorian. Dessert: Cobbler of the day or sweet potato love pie.
– Majestic Grille (145 S. Main St.): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: mixed greens salad or truffled chicken liver mousse. Main course: chili-rubbed rib-eye or sauteed lemon sole. Dessert: choose from any of the Majestic’s shot glass desserts.
– McEwans (120 Monroe): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: soup of the day or green salad. Entree: grilled pork loin or blackened tilapia. Dessert: chocolate bread pudding or blackberry cobbler.
– Onix Restaurant (412 S. Main): Choose any appetizer, any entree (other than prime rib) and any dessert for $20.12.
– Paulette’s (50 Harbor Town): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: mixed field greens salad or butternut squash soup. Main course: stuffed chicken breast or grilled pork tenderloin. Dessert: plum cake or chocolate mousse tart.
– Pearl’s Oyster House (299 S. Main St.): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: gumbo or house salad. Main course: Two piece blackened or fried catfish platter or grilled chicken kabob. Dessert: bread pudding or key lime pie.
– Rendezvous (52 S. Second St.): Menu coming soon.
– Rizzo’s Diner (106 G.E. Patterson): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: cheeseburger soup or iceberg lettuce salad. Main course: seared skirt steak or pork belly with cheddar grits. Dessert: peanut butter mousse or triple chocolate cake.
– South of Beale (361 S. Main): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: fried avocados or duck fried rice. Entree: grilled salmon with brussels sprouts or porkchop with gouda mac’n’cheese. Dessert: butterscotch mousse or Jack and Coke bread pudding.
– Thai Bistro (149 Madison): Salad with house dressing, your choice of regular sushi roll and your choice of Thai wok dish from the dinner menu.
– Trolley Stop Market (704 Madison): Menu coming soon.
– Tug’s (51 Harbortown): Choose one item from each category. Appetizer: house greens salad or soup. Main course: New York strip or crab and shrimp stuffed flounder. Dessert: chocolate brownie or seasonal cobbler a la mode.
*I’ll update all of the ones marked “Menu Coming Soon” as I have more information.
Nov. 5 – 11, 2012