Today in Memphis, Kuran Iverson commits to Memphis, Neighborland offers grant money, there's an impending bacon shortage, and St. Jude makes the greatest, most heartwarming video of all time. I'm not crying. It's just raining on my face.
Photo of Kait Lawson's performance at Otherlands by @mook76. If you'd like to see your Instagram photos here, tag them #ilovememphis.
- First, the good news: Kuran Iverson, cousin of Allen, top-50 recruit, has committed to play for the Tigers next year.
- And now, the bad news: the bacon shortage we've all been scared of is "now unavoidable".
- Before you watch the new "Hey, St. Jude" video, you'll want to make sure you've got a hankie. The extremely cute, very heartwarming video stars a bunch of St. Jude patients and satff alongside the likes of Betty White and Jon Hamm singing an updated version of the Beatles "Hey Jude".
- Go ahead and pre-order the new Hoop City Memphis t-shirt. It kind of says it all.
- Do you have an awesome idea for a community greening project? Do you want to start a garden or build a temporary playground? Neighborland and the National Garden Association have teamed up to give a $1000 grant for a Memphis outdoor community project.