Monday News Update: Three Course Dinners, Your Grizzness, Protected Bicycle Lanes and Bike to Work Day
Happy Monday, everybody. It can be hard to get back to work after a holiday weekend, so here's some sweet kitten fluff to make the transition a little easier:
And now, the news:
– Alas, sometimes, I wonder if the Grizz will ever catch a break – Z-Bo's car was rear-ended on 240 today. He wasn't taken away in an ambulance, so here's hoping that he's alright. But – there's good news: Gilbert Arenas is stepping up, and the Grizz have a shot at homecourt advantage for the playoffs.
– Memphis is about to get a hand in becoming more bicycle friendly. We're one of six cities that have been chosen to get fast track protected bicycle lanes from Bikes Belong Foundation.
– Speaking of bikes, Memphis' annual Bike to Work Day is on May 18th, and the organizers are looking for volunteers to help promote it. All you have to do is cycle around downtown in your business / business casual attire with a promo on your back on the day and time of your choosing. If you're interested, contact Dawn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– I'm about a week late on this one, but here's a huge congrats to the Memphis Hustlin' Rollers, your 2012 Tennessee State Roller Derby Champions!
– Lastly, if you haven't been to the new Paulette's location on Mud Island, here's a good reason to go: every Monday night in April, the restaurant is offering three-course dinners for $19.95. Here's the menu.