Wednesday News Update: Rooftop Parties, Volunteer for Beer and a Brand New Memphis Holiday
– Yesterday may have been the first day of spring, but Saturday is the first annual Sputnik Monroe Day. Celebrate the wrestler's life by wrestling inequality (like he did!), watching "Memphis Heat" or looking tough and surly while wearing a leotard (Sputnik was "235 lbs. of twisted steel and sex appeal).
– Finally! Someone's found a way for all of you hardcore Grizz fans to get paid for being, well, you.
– The annual River City Brewer's Festival is looking for volunteers to pour beer at their March 31 festival in Handy Park. Sign up here.
– Alas, Memphis, we've lost another good one. Memphis Symphony Orchestra president and CEO Ryan Fleur is taking a position with the Philadelphia Orchestra. Best of luck to him!
– The Peabody Hotel has announced their 2012 Rooftop Party season. The Thursday night parties start on April 19 and run through May 31. Admission to each one is $10 (and includes your first drink) and ladies are free until 7 p.m.