Monday News Update: an 8th Seed, a Redesign, a Giggle and a Giveaway
– The C-USA dominating Memphis Tigers were selected as an 8th seed for the NCAA tournament. They may or may not have been disrespected (or robbed), but either way, wash your game day t-shirt – they play St. Louis on Friday.
– Speaking of basketball, the Onion has made a Strong Side / Weak Side graphic for former Memphis coach John Calipari, and it's hilarious (especially if you're a Tiger fan).
– John Mayer has cancelled his tour for health reasons. If you bought a ticket to the show at the Orpheum, here are the details on how to get a refund.
– The Pink Palace is getting a major redesign (and a giant, steel sculpture). Construction probably won't start until 2015, but it's something to look forward to.
– CrossFit just opened a brand new Collierville location, and they've given me a free fundamentals class to give to one of you. Since CrossFit's motto is "don't suck at life", to enter, you'll need to leave a comment on this post telling me why you don't suck at life. I'll pick a winner (based entirely on my whims) at 9 a.m. on Tuesday, March 13.