Whiskey Tasting with Celtic Crossing
903 S. Cooper St.
Memphis, TN 38104
Kick off summer with a virtual or in-person tasting featuring extremely rare whiskeys.
For this tasting hosted by owner DJ Naylor, you can join in person at the pub or virtually as we venture through a truly rare lineup of whiskeys. If you choose to join in person, simply purchase your ticket through Eventbrite and join us at the pub on Thursday, June 17 at 7 p.m. You will receive an email on June 16 so you can let us know if you would like us to seat you with friends who are also attending.
If you choose to join virtually, here's how it works:
- Step 1: Purchase your ticket on Eventbrite.
- Step 2: Pick up your mini glass whiskey bottles Wednesday, June 16 or Thursday, June 17. You can call 901-274-5151 before you arrive or simply tell the staff upon arrival you are there to pick up your whiskey tasters. Please make sure to bring a digital or physical copy of your ticket with you.
- Step 3: Check your email for a link to the Zoom meeting DJ will be using to host the class.
- Step 4: Click on the Zoom link when you are ready to join the tasting.
- Step 5: Sit back, relax, follow along with DJ and sample your whiskey beginning at 7 p.m. on Thursday, June 17.
The three featured whiskeys for the evening are:
- Flying Tumbler from County Carlow, Ireland. 43% Vol. The name comes from the Irish Flying Tumbler, a type of pigeon that leaves Ireland but always returns home. DJ will share more about the founding family's excursions around the world, as well as their successful return to Ireland and to the Irish whiskey business.
- Dewar's Blended Scotch 21 Year Old 46% Vol. Experience the delicious double-aged Scotch and learn about one of Scotland's most successful female master blenders, Stephanie MacLeod.
- Nikka Single Malt Yoichi 45% Vol. Take a tour of Japan and discover its rich history, which includes this wonderful single malt.