Opera Memphis presents Pagliacci
Tickets are $50 for general admission. Seats will be decided by Opera Memphis staff based on the date of purchase and the size of your party. Please check in at Will Call.
6745 Wolf River Pkwy
Memphis, TN 38120
More than a century after premiering in Milan, Leoncavallo's PAGLIACCI remains a staple of the masterworks repertoire for its riveting dramatic storytelling, lush orchestration, and scintillating vocal writing. Pagliacci tells the story of a traveling commedia dell’arte acting troupe comprised of four vagabond performers: the troupe leader Canio, his listless and dissatisfied wife Nedda, the fool Tonio, and the young, idealistic Beppe. Each character represents an archetype of the commedia dell’arte style, and the troupe performs a play-within-the-play which culminates in a fiery confrontation between Canio, Nedda, and Nedda’s secret lover, Silvio.
Pagliacci will be directed by Opera Memphis General Director Ned Canty and conducted by Director of the Handorf Company Artist Program Cris Frisco. Dane Suarez, Chanáe Curtis, Joshua Conyers, Alex DeSocio, and Daniel Massey star. Leoncavallo's stunning melodrama takes center stage at the Clark Opera Memphis Center with performances on October 22, 23, 29, and 30. Tickets are $50 for general admission seating. Seats will be assigned based on the size of your party and purchase date.
Join us for pre-show tailgating and post-show cocktails outside the Clark Opera Memphis Center!
PLEASE TAKE NOTE OF OPERA MEMPHIS'S HEALTH AND SAFETY PROTOCOLS:
By purchasing your ticket you agree to uphold Opera Memphis's health and safety protocols which are in effect as of September 21, 2021.
Regarding proof of COVID-19 vaccination, the following are acceptable as proof of full vaccination:
Fully vaccinated means that your final vaccination was more than 14 days prior to the date of your performance.
Self-reported vaccination records that are not verified by a health care provider cannot be accepted.
- Masks are required at all Opera Memphis events held INDOORS for the 2021/22 season regardless of vaccine status.
- Attendees are required to submit proof of COVID-19 vaccination OR a negative Covid-19 test taken within 3 days (72 hours) prior to the performance.
- Attendees are required to submit photo identification that matches the full name on the proof of vaccination or test.
- No food or drink in the performance venue.
- Performance programs will be digital for the 2021/22 season.
- Vaccination card (which includes the name of the person vaccinated, type of vaccine provided, and date of the last administered dose).
- A printed photo of the attendee’s vaccination card.
- A photo of the attendee’s vaccine card stored on a phone or electronic device.
- Documentation of vaccination from a healthcare provider electronic health record or state Immunization Information System record.