Eat Love Local: Rally For Restaurants
I don’t have to explain the struggles that our local restaurants have faced in 2020—you know about the closures, the stringent new safety procedures, and the business difficulties. Our local Memphis and Midsouth restaurants have made sacrifices to keep us safe and follow health guidelines. Now, they need our help desperately.
That’s why we’ve launched Eat Love Local: Rally For Restaurants as a way to encourage you to support local restaurants while staying safe at your comfort level, whether that’s delivery, curbside pickup, takeout, patio dining, or social-distanced dine-in.
Check out our new video—and click on it! It’s interactive.
Here’s a rundown of how to Eat Love Local, including 6 ways you can help our local restaurants while staying safe!
1. Restaurant Gift Card Giveaways
What it is: I Love Memphis is buying gift cards from local restaurants and giving that directly back to our followers—that’s you!
How to join: Follow I Love Memphis on Instagram for giveaways posted every Monday and winners chosen every Friday. We’ve given away a $50 gift cards for Char, Rendezvous, Aldo’s, and Amerigo, and we have more to give!
The fine print: The idea is that we spread the word about a different local restaurant every week. Even if you don’t win, I encourage you to share their info and then support them next time you’re looking for a new dinner idea. If you’ve done our #ILoveMemphisMondays program before, you’ll already know and be a pro at this!
2. Neighborhood Restaurant Spotlights
What it is: Every week, we’ll share a different neighborhood or area and encourage you to pick up food or dine in that neighborhood.
The fine print: We have hundreds of restaurants in Memphis and many neighborhoods—who should we feature next? Be sure to leave suggestions on your favorite restaurants from each week’s feature in the IG comments section. So far, we’ve spotlighted: Orange Mound, Summer Avenue, South Main, Cooper Young, Crosstown, Cordova, and Whitehaven.
3. Foodie Features!
What it is: Local Memphis foodies share their favorite local meals, and show us how to support local restaurants safely, and what those restaurants are doing to provide safe dining options.
View this post on Instagram
4. I Love Memphis Food Video Series
What it is: Ever wondered where our local chefs like to eat when they’re off work? We’re announcing a new video series: I LOVE MEMPHIS FOOD. Our first two episodes are out:
Episode One! More information on the restaurants featured: I Love Memphis Food: Comfort Food Edition
Episode Two! More information on the restaurants featured: I Love Memphis Food: Memphis Institutions Edition
How to join: Subscribe to I Love Memphis to be notified when we publish new blog posts (including the video series announcement) or follow us on social media.
5. Billboards and more!
What it is: You’ll start to see Eat Love Local and Rally For Restaurants on billboards, ads on Facebook, commercials, and other surprising places.
The fine print: This is all done to support our local restaurants and the people who work there.
6. Where should I eat in Memphis?
As always, I Love Memphis will keep you updated through restaurant guides and articles about local restaurants. If you haven’t explored the website in a while, here are some links that you’ll want to bookmark:
Plus, explore articles on individual restaurants on our Memphis Food blog. Here are some of our favorites:
- Not Your Usual Italian At Bari Ristorante
- Kabobs Of All Kinds at Stick Em Restaurant
- All Aboard The Memphis Pineapple Express Food Truck
- Much More Than Avocado Toast: Hustle & Dough at ARRIVE Hotel
- Italian Dinners at Cocozza In Downtown Memphis
- Try A Zippin Pippin at Muggin Coffeehouse
- Crazy Noodle Is Crazy Good For Curry Noodles, Ramen, and More
- Taco Tuesday With a Twist
- Feed Your Soul At The Four Way Restaurant
- 7 More Places To Eat Breakfast In Memphis
- Madeda’s Bakery Is Buttery Perfection
- 4 Memphis Food Trucks To Try Right Now
- A Spin On Southern Cajun Food at Chef Tam’s
- Hazel’s Lucky Dice Delicatessen Jewish Deli in Cooper Young
- Bounty on Broad Farm-T0-Table Restaurants
- Supper, Sips, and Songs at Pontotoc Lounge
- Comforting Hugs and Comfort Food at Alcenia’s
- Breakfast For Dinner at King & Union Downtown