5 Things To Do This Weekend
October 15 - 17
Here are the events you won't want to miss in Memphis this weekend! Submit your events to the blog's calendar here.
Masks are required indoors in Shelby County according to the Shelby Co. Health Department. If you’re going somewhere this weekend, please bring your mask and wear it properly!
Get Vaccinated Right Now, Please!
There’s a ton of them! Be sure to check out the full list of Halloween and fall events in Memphis by clicking right here. Here’s a sampling of haunted houses and ongoing family fun:
- Wicked Ways Haunted House at 160 Cumberland
- Jones Orchard Shadowlands of Fear at 6880 at Singleton Pkwy Millington
- HauntedWeb of Horrors at 2665 S. Perkins Rd.
- Frightober Movies at Crosstown Concourse
- Fright Light Halloween Laser Shows at MoSH (Pink Palace)
- Zoo Boo at the Memphis Zoo
Head to the Soulsville neighborhood for loads of live music and more fun! More info.
Memphis Brewfest, Liberty Bowl, Saturday, 3 p.m. - 6:30 p.m., $54.18, 21 and up
Local, national, and import brews and seltzers, food trucks, music, fun, and games await at the annual Memphis Brewfest.
Brunchfest, Liberty Bowl, Sunday, noon - 3:30 p.m., $60, 21 and up
Brunch food and drink samples from local vendors, plus music and games.
In partnership with Cazateatro Bilingual Theatre Group, Crosstown Concourse presents a Day of the Dead celebration with music, folklore, dancers, altars, and crafts. Featuring performances by Cazateatro Catrinas/Catrines, Ballet Meztli , Mariachi Guadalajara, Tropical Fusion Latin Band, DJ Alexis White, and more! Milis Flowers and Gift flower cart will be on-site. And don't miss a special FREE matinee screening of Coco in Crosstown Theater at 2 pm.
5. Memphis Food & Wine Festival, Memphis Botanic Garden, Saturday, 6 p.m. - 10 p.m., $200 per person, 21+
Yeah, it’s most expensive event I include in our weekend roundups, but Memphis Food & Wine is the biggest, best, and nicest foodie event in town. Sample food dishes and wines from dozens of local chefs and wineries, enjoy live music, and a lovely ambiance at the Radians Amphitheater at the Botanic Garden. There’s so much you won’t be able to try it all, so just follow your heart (and your stomach) and ascend to foodie heaven.
- Le Bonheur Zoo Boo at the Memphis Zoo
- Live music at the Levitt Shell
- Shelby Forest Trail of Terror at Shelby Forest General Store
- When Temptation Comes Stage Play at Evergreen Theatre
- Mid-South Corn Maze at the Agricenter
- Martin Lawrence at FedExForum
- Dixon Beer Garden
- Family Movie Night at GPAC (Monsters, Inc.)
- Family Campfire Party at Memphis Botanic Garden
- Swing Dance at Rumba Room
- Stargazing on the Lawn at MoSH
- Overton Square Music Picnic Series
- Drag Queen Bingo at Moxy Hotel
- Jed Zimmerman at The Green Room at Crosstown Arts
- Lucky 7 Brass Band at Buckman PAC
- Heights For Hunger at First Horizon (165 Madison)
- Junior League 5K and 10K at Junior League HQ (3475 Central Ave.)
- Cleft Lip and Palate Walk and Run at Shelby Farms
- Magic Carpet w/ Lucky 7 Brass Band at Buckman PAC
- Weave A Scarf Class at Arrow Creative
- South Memphis Glide Rides at South Memphis Farmers Market
- Creepville Market at Lamplighter Lounge
- Fright-tober Family Movie at Crosstown Theater (Coco)
- Memphis 901 FC v. Atlanta United 2 at AutoZone Park
- Tommy Emmanuel at Soundstage at Graceland
- Dude Perfect 2021 Tour at FedExForum
- Fright-tober Spooky Movie at Crosstown Theater (A Vampire in Brooklyn)
- Adam Larseon Quintet at The Green Room at Crosstown Arts
- Black Artists In America Exhibition at the Dixon (opens Sunday, though Jan. 2)
- Hosea Gods Love For His People at the Halloran Centre
- Night Time Jazz Brunch at the Hi-Tone
- Dubois-Yao Duo at Crosstown Arts
- Concert on the Garth at St. George’s Episcopal Church
- Ouvrir la Voix (Speak Up) Film Screening at Benjamin Hooks Public Library
More MORE Ideas
Have a great weekend and stay safe!
Veena, I love this challenge! What a great idea.
So much to do! I love my city ❤❤❤??????
Wondering if most restaurants downtown are open? Specifically Itta Bena or Majestic?
Coming from an hour away just wanting to know if things are open?
Is there music on the street on Beale?
Is Wet Willies back open?
Almost everything is open all over town, including Itta Bena, Majestic, and Wet Willy's. I strongly suggest making reservations and calling ahead because while places are open, they may have limited space or hours. I can't say if they will have music literally outside on the street, many clubs on Beale will have live music inside.
Thanks for telling us about the free kayak rental with kayakmemphistours downtown! First time to kayak on the Mississippi. Nice cool weather today and great pictures!
You're so welcome!!
We’ve got free Halloween movies screening all through October every Saturday at Crosstown Concourse starting October 2nd! A matinee for kids at 2pm and a feature for adults at 7! Also the Crosstown Arts Film Series has spooky features programmed for October , including a live score/silent film screening of THE CABINET OF DR CALIGARI along with a performance by the local industrial goth/pop band, THE POP RITUAL on October 28th!
What is happening this week at the Iconic Woman’s Exchange of Memphis?
Tennessee Crafts Southwest show, “Gail Laughlin Tribute; gardening, food and Fashion” Tuesday, October 5-15. Open M-F 10-4. 88 Racine Street, Memphis 38111.