5 Things To Do This Weekend: 12/25 – 12/27
Merry Christmas and Happy Kwanzaa! Here are five things you won’t want to miss in Memphis this weekend.
If you are looking for What’s Open In Memphis on Christmas (or Christmas Eve) click here.
But first, be sure you didn’t miss anything on the blog lately:
- What’s Open on New Year’s DAY
- What’s Open on New Year’s EVE
- Slim & Huskey’s Pizza Beeria is open in Memphis.
- Heated Patios in Memphis
- Restaurants Open For Takeout
- Memphis In May 2021: What’s Happening, What’s Cancelled
1. Nutcracker: A Gift From Ballet Memphis, YouTube, free, all ages/kid-friendly
Stay safe and cozy at home with this local film for all ages—it’s amazing! Ballet Memphis and local filmmakers have turned the magic of the Nutcracker into a full-length. And it’s free!Ballet Memphis’s Nutcracker was filmed at their studio and the historic Mallory-Neely house. Details.
2. Delight at the Concourse, Crosstown Concourse, anytime, free, all ages/kid-friendly
Have you been by the Concourse this year? The lights have spread out from the Central Atrium—which looks simply gorgeous from the road—out onto the Plaza. It’s a great spot for socially-distanced photos or light viewing.
3. Drive Around And Look At Lights, Everywhere, Free, All ages/kid-friendly
Check out the guide to great home lights in this post, or check out hte Mmephis Christmas Lights Facebook page which has
4. Get Some Takeout or Curbside From A Local Restaurant
Here’s a list of who’s open on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day for all your takeout needs. Keep in mind that most places will be offering takeout on the 26th and 27th—and yes to-go alcohol is still allowed!
5. Last-Minute Memphis Holiday Traditions: You still have time! Be sure to look up all the details, get there early, expect car lines etc. Here are a few ideas.
Zoo Lights – select nights through January 3
Holiday lights at the Zoo! A Ferris Wheel! Entertainment! Buy tickets in advance for a specific night.
Enchanted Forest at the Pink Palace – through December 31
Vintage holiday display, photos with Santa, and a bunch of beautifully decorated unique trees. Advance tickets for timed entry.
Downtown Holiday Tree – ongoing
See the big holiday tree at the corner of Peabody Place and Main Street.
Holiday Wonders at Botanic Garden – select nights through December 27
Holiday lights, display, and a big ol’ tree. You can reserve your timed-entry tickets online.
Starry Nights at Shelby Farms – select nights through January 3
Drive through two miles of all-new light displays. Advanced tickets, date-specific.