5 Things To Do This Weekend: 11/6 – 11/8
Here are the five things you won’t want to miss in Memphis this weekend, after the longest week of 2020—which is really saying something.
But first, be sure you didn’t miss anything on the blog lately:
- Let’s Have a Memphis Nacho Party!
- This Week’s News Update: National Sandwich Day! A Weird Skyscraper Downtown! Cake! Mulch Fires!
- Where To Eat For Downtown Dining Week
- 100+ Places To Eat & Drink Outside In The Mid-South – UPDATED + WHO HAS HEATERS
- Ways To Give Back and Volunteer This Month
- Q&A With Memphis Musician Cameron Bethany
Ok, here’s your weekend guide.
1. Downtown Dining Week, Downtown Memphis, through Sunday, prices vary, all ages
DDW 2020 comes to a close this Sunday, so if you haven’t taken advantage of the deals, discounts, and specials at local restaurants—you still have time to #RallyForRestaurants! Check out the extensive guide for a huge list of all 60+ participating restaurants.
2. The PRVLG, Huling Station, Friday, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
If you haven’t seen the new Huling Station concert and al fresco dining area downtown—it’s at Front and Main Street near Grecian Gourmet and the National Civil Rights Museum. The PRVLG performs a live but socially-distant concert on Friday night, so pick up some Downtown Dining Week specials and eat outside while you enjoy the music.
3. Nerd901’s Virtual Extra-Life Stream, Twitch, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 10 p.m., donations encouraged
From Nerd901: “Nerd901 is continuing their charity Extra-Life Stream benefiting LeBonheur Children’s Hospital. We are streaming November 7, 13, and 14. We will have tons of fun games, guests, and incentives for this year’s stream! Watch live @ Twitch.tv/nerd901. If you can, please consider donating to nerd901.com/extralife.
4. Fall Vibration Fest, Minglewood Hall Parking Lot, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., free to enter, all ages
B-Side hosts a socially-distanced music and shopping event in the parking lot of Minglewood Hall this Saturday, with tunes from Amber Rae Dunn, Yubu, Kennard Fisher, The Skitch, and Jodie Ross from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m., plus local vendors and Jamaican Jerk chicken meal boxes for sale.
5. Lightfoot Farm Market Day, 7420 Ward Rd. Millington, Saturday, 9 a.m. – 1 p.m., free to enter, all ages/kid-friendly
Visit a family farm in Millington for a one-stop-shop farmers market and craft fair. They’ll have farm-raised chicken, beef, and park, jams, jellies, pickles, baked goods, and more, plus 15 vendors for arts & crafts and gifts. They’ll also have food for sale and a photographer offering mini-sessions for holiday family photos.
Plus a few more ideas…
Santa’s Wonderland Kickoff, Bass Pro Pyramid, Saturday, 4 p.m. – 7 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
For those of you already mainlining “Jingle Bell Rock”, the Man In Red arrives at the Pyramid this Saturday and the Bass Pro holiday wonderland display kicks off.
Crafts Fair Pop Up Shop, Museum of Science & History, Fridays through Sundays through December
First off: the Pink Palace is now called the “Museum of Science & History”. Second off, this year their annual crafts fair is functioning as a pop-up shop every Friday and Saturday (10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.) and Sunday (noon – 5 p.m.). Shop for art, decor, gifts, jewelry, candles, and more from Memphis makers.
2 Crazy Fellas food truck (Cajun) at Crosstown Brewing from 1 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Jordan Occasionally concert at Railgarten – Saturday at 7 p.m.