The Malco Summer Drive-In: What You Need To Know
There are only 321 drive-in movie theaters left in the U.S., and Summer Avenue in Memphis, Tennessee has one of them! This theater is one of my favorite old-school things to do in Memphis.
The Summer Drive-In is open daily for movie double features—a perfect socially-distanced way to You can see today’s schedule on the Malco website.
Week of September 24 – October 1
Rocky Horror / Monty Python: Holy Grail
Shortcut / Unhinged
The Last Shift / The New Mutants
Here are the guidelines:
- The most important new rule is: You must buy tickets online ahead of time. You buy them at malco.com or on the Malco app.
- Instead of paying per person, you pay per carload: a flat $20 rate. You can’t drive in unless you have your pre-purchased tickets to save your spot. No “at the gate” purchasing. No single tickets.
- There are no refunds or exchanges for any reason, including weather. Be sure you’re clicking on the right days and movies when you’re buying.
- You can print your ticket or show it on your phone when you arrive.
- The restrooms and concessions will be open, but employees and signage will direct you to follow social distancing guidelines, etc.
- Malco encourages wearing masks when buying snacks and using the restrooms washing hands, staying six foot away from other people.