5 Things To Do This Weekend: 9/4 – 9/6
Happy Labor Day Weekend! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss in Memphis this weekend.
A personal note: Please don’t forget your masks and social distancing even though it’s a holiday weekend. I know you’re sick as can be of hearing it, but please be smart and safe.
But first, be sure you didn’t miss anything on the blog recently:
– 150+ Memphis Restaurants For Takeout and Dine-In (Updated!)
– 80+ Places To Get Brunch In Memphis
– 100+ Memphis Patios For Eating Outdoors
– 8 New Memphis Patios
– Wahburgers Wild Is Coming To The Pyramid
– 7 Ways To Give Back To Memphis In September
1. Stax Music Academy Virtual Concert, Online, Friday, 7:30 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., donations encouraged
The Levitt Shell’s Orion Virtual Concert Series kicks off their virtual fall season with the Stax Music Academy. Tune in on the Shell’s Facebook page! There’s a Memphis Trivia game happening during the show as well!
2. Crafts Fair Pop-Up Shop, Pink Palace, Friday through Sunday, free admission
From the Pink Palace: “The Pink Palace and Memphis Modern Market are bringing crafts fairs safely to you this fall and holiday season! The Crafts Fair Pop Up Shop will feature 30 plus artists and brands from Memphis…we are bringing the best of Memphis makers to you in a safe and socially distanced pop up experience!” It’s every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday starting this weekend.
3. Memphis Tigers v. Arkansas State, on TV, Saturday, 7 p.m., all ages
College football is happening, and the Tigers take on Arkansas State at the Liberty Bowl with a “socially-distanced” crowd. In-person tickets are already sold-out, but you can still cheer your Tigers on, on TV or streaming.
4. Cousins Maine Lobster Food Truck Pop-Up, Memphis Made Taproom, Sunday, 1 p.m., prices vary
Call in your order for some delicious Memphis Made beer, go pick it up, socially-distanced style, and then grab some Cousins Maine Lobster rolls, tacos, or lobster grilled cheese.
5. Virtual Sunset Yoga Class, Facebook, Sunday, 6:15 p.m., free
Downtown Memphis and instructor Bridget Danielle host a weekly yoga series for all ages and degree levels. Tune in on Facebook!