5 Things To Do This Weekend: 8/21 – 8/23
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss in Memphis this weekend.
But first, be sure you didn’t miss anything on the blog lately:
Eight New Memphis Patios
New Italian Restaurant In Downtown Memphis
Announcing the Memphis Virtual Beer Fest
100+ Memphis Patios (updated for summer 2020 with what’s open right now)
901 Day Memphis Trivia at the Summer Drive-In with me!
Found: A Meal At Gus’s Fried Chicken
Or these handy links to Important Stuff™:
10 Ways To Give Back: Volunteering In Memphis In August
What’s Open In Memphis?
Where To Get Masks In Memphis
OK, back to your regularly scheduled programming:
1. Free Skate Rentals and Rollerskating Downtown, bottom of Vance Ave. stairs/Riverside Drive, Friday – Sunday, 6 p.m. – 8:30 p.m. daily, free, all ages/kid-friendly
Memphis River Parks Partnership has free roller skate rentals in the evenings this weekend plus yard games and socially-distanced spots for sunset viewing. Riverside Drive is closed to vehicles from 6 p.m. Friday – 6 a.m. Monday, so it’s the perfect place to skate.
2. Sunset Yoga Downtown, Facebook Live, Sunday, 6:15 p.m. – 7:15 p.m., free, all ages
All ages and experience levels are welcome to tune in to Facebook Live for a free Sunday night yoga class from instructor Bridget Danielle.
3. Buy Tickets To The Memphis Virtual Beer Fest
I know this event isn’t until October 3rd, but you get an Early Bird Discount if you buy a ticket this weekend. It’s $25. Here’s how a virtual beer fest works:
– buy tickets at virtualmemphisbeerfest.com
– pick up 8 local/regional beers
– tune in on 10/3 to the Zoom for panels, guided tastings with the brewers, and more
– portion of proceeds benefit the Memphis Service Industry Emergency Relief Fun
4. Support Local Restaurants
I’m going to be honest with y’all. Local restaurants are in trouble. I know the chain drive-thru is tempting, but if you can, instead please support your neighborhood restaurants this weekend. You can order some takeout, or eat on a patio if you feel comfortable—here’s the big list of what are patios open and here’s a list of eight new Memphis patios to check out.
5. Stay Away From Other People As Much As You Can And Wear a Mask. Just Do it!
Here are some ideas for what to do while doing those two things:
Plus a few more ideas…
Cooper Young Farmer’s Market – Saturday 8 a.m. – noon
Free IG Live Friday Night Yoga Class – Friday 6:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m.
Ghost Walk by Historical Haunts – all weekend