The Malco Summer Drive-In: What You Need To Know
There are only 321 drive-in movie theaters left in the U.S., and Summer Avenue in Memphis, Tennessee has one of them! This theater is one of my favorite old-school things to do in Memphis.
Malco has a limited number of indoor theaters that are open on the weekend, but the Summer Drive-In is open daily for movie double features. You can see today’s schedule on the Malco website and keep scrolling for next week’s movie lineup.
There are some changes that go with the reopening of the drive-in, and you’ll need to read the instructions carefully unless you want a carful of Trolls-hungry children to be very disappointed.
- The most important new rule is: You must buy tickets online ahead of time. You buy them at malco.com or on the Malco app.
- Instead of paying per person, you pay per carload: a flat $20 rate. You can’t drive in unless you have your pre-purchased tickets to save your spot. No “at the gate” purchasing. No single tickets.
- There are no refunds or exchanges for any reason, including weather. Be sure you’re clicking on the right days and movies when you’re buying.
- You can print your ticket or show it on your phone when you arrive.
- The restrooms and concessions will be open, but employees and signage will direct you to follow social distancing guidelines and new procedures.
- Malco encourages wearing masks when buying snacks and using the restrooms washing hands, staying six foot away from other people.
- Read allllll the details here.
Week of July 27 – July 30
Screen 1: The Avengers / Wonder Woman
Screen 2: Bad Boys For Life / Palm Springs
Screen 3: Jumanji: The Next Level / Ghostbusters
Screen 4: The Rental / Relic
As of right now, the Time Warp Drive-In Series is still paused.