5 Things To Do This Weekend: 7/24 – 7/26
Happy Friday, Memphis! It’s going to be a hot weekend, but don’t worry, there’s a lot more to do besides frying eggs on the sidewalk. Here are five things to do in Memphis this weekend.
But first, be sure you didn’t miss anything on the blog lately:
Here are the five things to do n Memphis this weekend:
1. Memphis Ghost Walk, Downtown Memphis, Fridays through Sundays, 8 p.m. – 9:30 p.m., $20 adults/$15 youth, ages 6 and up
Historical Haunts guides will lead you on a downtown tour of the macabre, spooky, and paranormal on weekend nights. It’s a walking tour, less than one mile with a “short walk or trolley ride” back to the the starting point. Meet at The Broom Closet on South Main near Central Station (546 S. Main). Tour sizes are limited and masks are strongly suggested.
2. Drive-In Movies, Malco Summer Drive-In Theater, Every Day, 8:30 p.m., all ages (depending on movie), $20/car (you must buy ahead of time)
Stay in/near your car, bring your mask (required) for restroom or concessions, and enjoy a drive-in movie relatively safely this weekend (or any day) at the vintage Summer Drive-In. Check out the lineup here and get your tix ahead of time so you can download the required QR code.
3. Orion Virtual Concert Series, Facebook, Friday, 7:30 p.m., donations suggested, all ages/kid-friendly
This weekend, the Levitt Shell streams a recorded concert from Trout Steak Revival. Grab a cheese plate from Knifebird or Feast & Graze, some local beer picked up curbside, and sit back to enjoy the show.
4. Pink Palace Community Scavenger Hunt, Downtown/West Side, Friday 4 p.m. – all weekend, $25 per team, all ages
The Pink Palace is on Week Two of their community scavenger hunt program! Sign up your team and receive instructions via email at 4 p.m. on Friday. After that, the race is on. The first team to find all scavenger hunt items. This week you’ll be exploring Soulsville, Victorian Village, and Frayser. Drive to each neighborhood and then you can walk or bike to the destinations. A great activity to do with your household.
5. Do Something Outside Away From Other People
Here are some ideas for things to do outdoors, most of which allow you to stay far far away from other people: