5 Things To Do This Weekend: 7/17 – 7/19
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss this weekend. Stay hydrated, mask up, and stay in the shade as much as you can.
1. Movie Screenings at The Grove at GPAC, All Weekend, 5:30 p.m., $10, all ages
The Grove outdoor venue at GPAC hosts concert and movie screenings on weekends. There’s a bar and food trucks. Social distancing, mask wearing, and limited capacity are in play, so be sure to get a ticket ahead of time. Here is this weekend’s schedule:
– Saturday: Mama Mia! The Movie
– Sunday: Funny Face Film
2. MEMFolk Pop-Up, 607 Monroe Ave. (BOXLOT by High Cotton Taproom), All Weekend, $10 per person, all ages
It’s MEMFolk’s “Flowerbox” immersive art installation’s last weekend, so if you want to take “the best selfies of quarantine”, get your ticket and reserve your time to explore the space ASAP. Only two people are allowed in at a time, and masks are required during check-in. Stop by the other two micro-retail shops onsite while you’re there. They’ll be back in a few weeks with a new theme.
3. Hold On We’re Coming Livestream Concert, Online, Friday, 8 p.m. – 9 p.m., $10, all ages
Music Export Memphis kicks off a series of benefit live-streamed concerts for Memphis musician COVID relief. For the next three months, they’ll host ticketed concerts every other Friday streamed from different locations. Buy the ticket and you’ll receive an emailed link to tune in 24 hours before the show. The first show is Liz Brasher Live at B-Side on July 17. See the full schedule on Facebook and read more about Liz on the blog.
4. Celebrate National Ice Cream Day, Various Locations, All ages/kid-friendly
Memphis has plenty of places to get frozen treats of the ice cream and gelato variety for this Sunday’s
5. Socially Distanced Outside Activities, Six Feet Away From Other People, All Weekend, Free, All Ages/Kid-friendly
Head to the park, walk your dog, ride a bike, pick up a takeout picnic, go on a mural tour or a photo tour. Just go early while it’s cooler, stay super hydrated, and wear sunscreen. Check these out: