Memphis Valentine’s Day Dinners, Events, and Date Ideas 2020
If you’re into Valentine’s Day, keep scrolling for Memphis Valentine’s Day dinner ideas and other cool date ideas. If you’re not into Valentine’s Day, that’s cool too. Some of these Memphis Valentine’s Day 2020 ideas are just fun things to do in mid-February in Memphis.
Here are some ideas for celebrating Valentine’s Day in Memphis, in five sections:
- a) Romantic Dinner Date Ideas in Memphis And the Mid-South
b) Shows & Concerts
C) Unique Date or Group Ideas
E) Galentine’s Day
A) Memphis Valentine’s Dinner Ideas
Here are some Memphis Valentine’s Day dinner date ideas. Many restaurants offer a prix fixe menu at a set prices, others may stick with their usual dinner menu. Absolutely make reservations and tip well.
Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen
Blue Nile Ethiopian Kitchen
Blue Honey Bistro (Germantown)
Bounty on Broad
Catherine & Mary’s
Celtic Crossing (they’re doing a dinner)
Cheesecake Corner (for dessert)
Coastal Fish Company
Ecco on Overton Park
Evelyn & Olive
Jim’s Place Grille (Collierville)
The Lookout at Bass Pro Pyramid (dinner)
Maximo’s on Broad
Mesquite Chop House
Moondance Grill (Germantown)
Raven & Lily (Collierville)
Southern Social (Germantown)
Strano by Chef Josh
Texas de Brazil
Terrace at the River Inn
B) See a Show or Concert
There are plenty of ways to celebrate Valentine’s Day in Memphis. Here are some Memphis Valentine’s Date Ideas for the weekends of February 7-9 and 14-16, 2020.
– Does your Valentine love to laugh? Take them to The Play That Goes Wrong Broadway musical at the Orpheum, in town Feb. 5 – 9.
– There might be a few tickets left to see Memphis The Musical at Playhouse on the Square, playing Feb. 6, 7, and 8th.
– Mama Honey, Native Blood, Chinese Dub Connection Embassy, Gloryholes, and more perform at Growlers for the Love Doesn’t Hurt Benefit Concert on Feb. 7.
– If your heart and your wallet go on (and on), buy your sweetie tickets to Celine Dion at FedExForum on Sunday, Feb. 9.
– Are you a millennial or Gen Z human who hates feelings? Welcome to the club. You might be into My Chemical Monday Emo Night at Growlers on Feb. 10.
– From our Listen Up guide: “Are you going steady and wanna get your sweetie an early Valentine’s Day gift?” The Beach Boys perform at The Orpheum Theatre on Feb. 11 at 7 p.m.
– Here’s a date idea: arrive at Crosstown Concourse in plenty of time for drinks in the Art Bar, then head into the Green Room for the “architect of R&B guitar” Jubu Smith on Wed., Feb. 12 at 7 p.m.
– Opera Memphis presents a Puccini Double Bill: Suor Angelica & Gianni Schicchi. See the shows at GPAC on Feb. 14 and 15.
– Get tickets for An Intimate Evening w/ Will Graves at 1524 Madison event center on Feb. 14.
– Ballet Memphis debuts new works at their Winter Mix concerts on Feb. 14 – 16 and 21-23 at their midtown headquarters.
– Indecent, at Circuit Playhouse through Feb. 16, is a play based on the true story of a controversial 1923 Broadway show written. With themes of forbidden love, censorship, and the rise of Nazism, it’s a thought-provoking piece.
– The Alvin Ailey American Dance Theater performs at the Orpheum nightly Feb. 14 – 16.
– Fresh off her tour with Jack White, garage rocker Olivia Jean performs at Railgarten on the 14th at 7 p.m.
– Minglewood Hall hosts Grammy-nominated R&B artist PJ Morton on Feb. 14 at 8 p.m.
– Head to DKDC on Valentine’s Day. Kristi & Misti White perform 8 p.m. – 10 p.m. and “absolute greatest all female, queer, southern rock band of all time”, Thelma & the Sleaze, go on at 10:30 p.m. 21+.
– Louise Page, Marcella and her Lovers, and Mama Honey take the stage at the new Black Lodge on February 14th for a Valentine’s Day show. Doors at 8 p.m.; show at 9 p.m.
– This Valentine’s Day show is going for the Most Sexual Puns Award, for sure. “Love Sucks…” at hot dog bar Doghouzz features queer country band The Dixie Dicks, as well as drag queen Miss Goldie Dee and the Broke Hearted Boys. Doors at 8 p.m. This is honestly my top pick based on the PG-13 rated FB Event alone.
– Dru’s Place hosts the Love is a DRAG show starting at 8 p.m. on Feb. 14.
– The Hi-Tone hosts The Kickback (The quarterly tribute to classic hip-hip, R&B, funk) on Feb. 15.
C) Something Different: Valentine’s Parties, Unique Dates, Group Outings
Looking for some Memphis Valentine’s Day ideas for people who are single? Grab some friends or your BFF and try out some of the group- and single-friendly Memphis Valentine’s Day ideas.
– Support the Heart Institute at Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital at the Heart to Heart Cocktail Party + Bridge Lighting at Wagner Place on Feb. 7 from 6:30 p.m. – 9 p.m.
– Find super fancy chocolate, drinks, art for sale, and Cousins Main Lobster at the Chocolate and Art party at Phillip Ashley Chocolates on Feb. 7.
– Support ALIVE Rescue Memphis at an upscale Oscars-themed, dog-friendly gala at the Cadre Building on Friday, Feb. 7. The inaugural Night at the Pawscars offers a vegetarian buffet, bar, music, dancing, drag show, silent auction, and more.
– Cat’s Ballroom dancing hosts Pre-Valentine’s Day Pop-Up at Wild Nutrition on Saturday morning, Feb. 8 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m.
– Here’s a perfect date idea for the homebody in your life—or someone who just needs a break. The 5th Annual No Show Ball benefitting the Forest Spence Fund offers you a dinner for four, delivered to your door on Saturday, Feb. 8. The dinner includes some delicious treats from local restaurants, check it out.
– The Kukutana African American Museum hosts keynote speakers Nuri Muhammad and Sister Shahrazad Ali on Feb. 8 for The Power Of Black Love a day of talks, entertainment, and refreshments.
– The Church of the River hosts Love and All That Jazz, a unique church service featuring live jazz and readings about love, on the Sunday before Valentine’s Day.
– Cerrito Trivia hosts Romantic Comedy Trivia at the Rec Room and Dan McGuinness in Southaven on Feb. 11. Reserve your team’s spot ahead of time!
– Museum After Dark: Silentine’s Day is a twist on the silent disco concept at the Stax Museum on Wednesday, Feb. 12 from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Use your headphones to hear tunes from the live DJ or a curated Memphis “love” playlist. Ten dollar entry includes headphones, beverages, light snacks, and dessert.
– Memphis Grizzlies games at FedEx Forum. Grizz play the Trail Blazers on Wed. Feb 12.
– The Metal Museum knows about your last-minute shopping needs, so they’re hosting Valentine’s Eve in the Museum Store on the 13th.
– DanceSmiths dance studio hosts a Valentine’s Event on Feb. 13.
– DJ Styles hosts the Heartbreaker’s Ball Steppin’ Night at Marlowe’s on Thursday, Feb. 13. They’ll have an LED dance floor and drink specials 9 p.m. to 1 a.m.
– Valentine’s Day Skate at Mid-South Ice House. Head to Southaven for a little icy fun on Friday, Feb. 14.
– The Memphis Botanic Garden hosts Whiskey, Wine, and Chocolates on Feb. 14. The $50 ticket includes a signature cocktail, Phillip Ashley chocolate + drink pairings, hors d’oeuvres, fireside cocktail lounge, and live music by Nick Black.
– Primas Bakery and Boutique hosts a Valentine’s Day “Charcuterie and Chocolate” Event on the 14th, with a charcuterie plate for two, chocolate pastries, and complimentary wine for guests 21 and up.
– Esplanade Memphis hosts Black Love Live, featuring live music, food, and fully stocked bar on Friday the 14th.
– The Rec Room will host Valentine’s Day Duet Karaoke on Feb. 14.
– Soulz Cafe hosts Valentine Night with live music, food and drinks on Feb. 14.
– Get your group together and throw on some 90s prom inspired outfits, because Crosstown Brewing hosts a 90s Prom Night on Valentine’s Day. It’s free to get in as long as you’re dressed up.
– Make Valentine’s Day chill at Celtic Crossing with food specials, “authentic Irish chocolates and karaoke from 6-10 p.m.” Call the pub to make reservations: 901-274-5151.
– Go ahead, be bitter. The Tin Roof on Beale says it’s OK, as long as you’re in red and black cocktail attire. They’re hosting a Bitter Ball on the 14th with live music, DJs, a photo wall, and VIP table reservations.
– Zinnie’s will host something they’re calling “Sad Valentine’s Deep Dish” on Feb. 14 at 9 p.m., with an open mic variety show, art sale, and food specials.
– Valentine’s Day Dance Classes at Blue Suede Ballroom. Have two left feet? Bring your special someone and work on your dance moves. Classes on February 14 and 15. Reservations required.
– Wild Bill’s juke join hosts a Valentine’s Day Celebration on Friday and Saturday night, the 14th and 15th, with live music, food and drinks specials, and the usual Wild Bill’s shenanigans.
– Kisses & Paws Valentine’s Party Dog Spa Day at PetSuites Collierville
– Memphis Pinball presents the 6th annual Tilted Hearts Pinball Tournament on Saturday, Feb. 15 at Garibaldi’s Pizza (3530 Walker Ave.) They’ll have registration and practice from 1 p.m. – 2 p.m., and the main tournament lasts from 2 p.m. – 5:30 p.m. Your $10 entry fee gets you unlimited match play with prizes, plus free entry to the couple’s “split flipper” contest.
– For some V-Day shopping, head to the Memphis Modern Market at Loflin Yard on Saturday, Feb. 15 from 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.
– Flowers & Chocolate is a beer-and-chocolate pairing at Wiseacre; tickets include a tour and tasting of multiple beer samples with Dinstuhl’s chocolate. Feb. 15, multiple sessions. Limited tickets.
– The All In For Animals Charity Poker Tournament at Humane Society is on Saturday the 15th and benefits the animal rescue organization.
– Memphis Made will host Beers for Beasts on Feb. 15 from 5 p.m. – 10 p.m. to benefit Australian Wildlife charities. For a $5 entry, enjoy live music, DJ Eric Ives, and great local beer.
– This has absolutely nothing to do with Valentine’s Day, but if something about commercialized love makes you want to see bloodsport, head to Rec Room for the Memphis Armored Fight Club’s Rec Room Rumble on Saturday, Feb. 15 from 8 p.m. – 11 p.m. to see locals fight with real armor, swords, and medieval weaponry in a ring.
– Soccer City 901 restaurant and pub will host Romantic Live Music on Saturday, Feb. 15.
– Works of Heart, Memphis Child Advocacy Center’s 28th annual Valentines art show and auction at Memphis College of Art is a way to give back and have a great time. Bid on more than 100 heart-themed works by leading regional artists while enjoying complimentary beer, wine, and appetizers. February 15.
– Bar DKDC hosts Transmission: Broken Hearts Party 80s dance party on Feb. 15 from 10:30 p.m. – 2 a.m.
D) Family-Friendly Valentine’s Ideas
– Broad Avenue hosts Sweet Street on Friday, Feb. 7. Get a $5 punch card and visit different shops and restaurants on the street for sweet treat samples.
– Firepit Fridays continues on Friday evenings at 4:30 p.m. at the River Garden. While not specifically a Valentine’s event, sitting around campfires, making s’mores, and watching the sun set over the river sounds plenty romantic to me. Feb. 7 and 14.
– Muddy’s in midtown will host Valentine’s Day Cookie Decorating Fun! on Feb. 8 and 15. Sign up for your session and decorate butter cookies and enjoy complimentary tea.
E) Galentine’s Day
– Kendra Scott Saddle Creek will have a Galentine’s Day Shopping party on Feb. 12.
– Sign up for the Cupcakes and Crafts: Galentine’s Day Macrame Class at Muddy’s on Thursday, Feb. 13.
– Loflin Yard does Galentine’s Day on Thursday the 13th with half-priced wine and cheese boards for ladies, plus karaoke.
– Knife Bird in Cooper Young hosts a Galentine’s Day Brunch – ladies-only empowerment social edition – sponsored by 901WEROCK. Expect food, mimosas, and networking with local entrepreneurs.
Submit more events here.