5 Things To Do This Weekend: 1/3 – 1/5
Let’s start 2020 off right with an awesome Memphis weekend, y’all. Here are the five things you won’t want to miss.
But first, consider the following:
– The Huge List of 2020 Events In Memphis
– 10 Live Music Shows In Memphis In January
– The 2019 recap on Cerrito Live
– Tune in to Sport56/87.7FM this Saturday at 10:30 a.m., when Kevin and I will talk about what to look forward to in 2020. (You can listen live online here.)
OK, here’s your Memphis weekend guide:
1. WWE Friday Night Smackdown, FedExForum, Friday, 6:45 p.m., $15 and up, all ages
Memphis and wrestling: they go together like Andy Kaufman and Jerry Lawler. WWE hosts their Friday night show in downtown Memphis this weekend, and fans are pumped.
Twin musicians Christian and Chris Underwood are The PRVLG (pronounced “privilege”), and evidence you that all you need to dance is a rhythm section. Their blend of pop melodies and funky discipline have been entertaining Memphians for years, and they probably won’t stop anytime soon, thankfully. Check out their single “Lead Role” above. Check out more live music in Memphis in January here.
3. Memphis Tigers v. Georgia Bulldogs, FedExForum, Saturday, noon, $20+, all ages/kid-friendly
The men’s basketball team takes on Georgia. Go Tigers Go!
4. Inspire Community Cafe 1st Birthday, 510 Tillman Street, Saturday, 2 p.m. – 3 p.m, free, all ages
If you haven’t had breakfast or lunch at Binghampton’s Inspire restaurant, what are you waiting for? The cafe celebrate its first year in business on Saturday afternoon with a peformance from Playback Memphis and cake.
5. BuffaGLO Run, Shelby Farms Park, Saturday, 6 p.m., $25, all ages/kid-friendly
If “get moving” is a resolution of yours, sign up for this after-dark race through the lights of Starry Nights. It’s an untimed 4K race. Proceeds benefit the Shelby Farms Conservancy. You can sign up on the day of the race.