5 Things To Do This Weekend: 1/10 – 1/12
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss in Memphis, plus a few extras.
But first, be sure you didn’t miss anything on the blog lately:
1. Enjoy The Indoors
It’s going to be a stormy weekend, so I wanted to put together some quick ideas for things to do when it’s raining in Memphis:
– If you’re got kids, check out the Children’s Museum or Fire Museum downtown
– Pink Palace and Planetarium
– Brooks Museum
– Dave & Buster’s, Main Event Entertainment, Incredible Pizza, laser tag at Putt-Putt
– Memphis Rox or High Point climbing gyms
– Wonder around in Crosstown Concourse (art, places to eat)
– Bluff City VR (if you haven’t done VR – it’s FUN)
– Memphis Escape Rooms downtown or in East Memphis
– Got more ideas? Leave ’em in the comments.
2. Grizzlies Home Games, FedExForum, starting at $10+ fees/prices vary, all ages/kid-friendly
The Grizz have two home games this weekend. They take on the Spurs on Friday at 7 p.m. and the Golden State Warriors on Sunday at 5 p.m. The Sunday night game is a Throwback Night, so the first
3. Elvis’ 85th Birthday Weekend, Graceland, All Weekend, Prices Vary, All Ages
Elvis would have been 85 on January 8th, and Memphis is going all out to celebrate. Graceland hosts several events (schedule here). The Memphis Symphony Orchestra will perform their Elvis Pops Concert at the Graceland Soundstage on Friday at 7:30 p.m. (Tickets $35). The legendary venue, Hernando’s Hideaway, is now reopened with a robust live music schedule. Priscilla herself was there this week to check it out. Papa Tops West Coast Turnaround performs there on Saturday night – full schedule here.
4. Edible Memphis Pickup Party, Puck Food Hall (409 S. Main), 11 a.m. – 1 p.m., free to enter, all ages
Edible Memphis food magazine releases their coffee-themed issue this Saturday during lunch at 409 South Main’s food hall. Grab a copy of the locally-focused foodie mag, enjoy some coffee Dr. Beans, a coffee soda from Bar 409 and lunch from one of the other vendors. Read more about Puck Food Hall here.
5. Drafts & Laughs Comedy Show, Memphis Made, Saturday, doors 7 p.m. /show 7:30 p.m., free
Stand up comics from Comma Comedians bring another funny show to Memphis Made Taproom in Cooper Young this Saturday night. Enjoy craft beer and have some laughs. Smoke and Rolls Food Truck will be on hand to feed you, and the taproom is open from 1 p.m. to 1o p.m. on Saturdays if you want to hang out earlier and/or later.
See more on the blog’s calendar.