5 Things To Do This Weekend: 12/20 – 12/22
Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, and Happy Holidays, everybody!
Here are the five things you won’t want to miss in Memphis this weekend, plus a few extras. If you’re looking for places open and things to do on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, go here.
But first, be sure you didn’t miss anything on the blog this week:
– Beale Street Music Festival 2020 Lineup Preview
– Hello Dolly! The Musical Is At The Orpheum
– 10 Live Music Shows In Memphis This Month
– Volunteering and Giving Guide (big list of local nonprofits!)
– Things To Do For New Year’s Eve In Memphis
– Our Favorite Memphis Holiday Traditions
– Hello, Dolly! at The Orpheum Theatre
– Children’s Ballet Theater Nutcracker at GPAC (Sat. and Sun.)
OK, here’s your holiday weekend guide.
1. Star Wars Weekend, Black Lodge, Friday through Sunday, all day, free, all ages
Black Lodge Video hosts an entire weekend of Star Wars movies, TV episodes, and celebrations, starting at noon on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday and with back-to-back screenings all afternoon and evening.
2. Firepit Fridays/Holiday Night Market, River Garden/Fourth Bluff, Friday, 4:30 p.m. – 7:30 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
It’s time for the weekly Firepit Friday at the River Garden at Mississippi River Park downtown, with fire pits and free s’mores while you watch the sunset. Up the hill on the Fourth Bluff, finish some last-minute shopping at a Holiday Market. They’ll have local vendors, food trucks, and drinks for sale.
3. Magic of Memphis Holiday Spectacular, Cannon Center, Saturday at 7:30 p.m. and Sunday at 2:30 p.m., $17, all ages
Memphis Symphony Orchestra presents their annual holiday show. Sing along with the Memphis Symphony Orchestra Chorus, witness the Black Nativity collaboration with Hattiloo Theater, and more.
4. Memphis As F*** Xmas Jam w/ Al Kapone, Hi Tone Cafe, Saturday, doors 8 p.m./show 9 p.m., $10, 18+
Throwdown at the Hi-Tone on Saturday night with host Al Kapone and pals.
5. The Music of Nat King Cole, Crosstown Arts East Atrium, Friday, doors 6:30 p.m./show 7 p.m., $15, all ages/kid-friendly
The Crosstown Jazz Series, presented by Strictly Jazz Entertainment in collaboration with Crosstown Arts, salutes American jazz pianist and vocalist Nat King Cole.
– TN Shakespeare Company Presents “Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley
– The 12 Dates of Christmas at The Circuit Playhouse Memphis Room
– Junie B. Jones at Circuit Playhouse
– Peter Pan at Playhouse on the Square
– Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops
– Christmas at Graceland
– Zoo Lights
– Enchanted Forest/Festival of Trees at the Pink Palace
– Starry Nights at Shelby Farms
– Holiday Wonders at Memphis Botanic Garden
– A Victorian Holiday With Opera Memphis, Dixon Gallery (Fri. – Sat.)
– Theatre Memphis Presents: A Christmas Carol