5 Things To Do This Weekend: 12/13 – 12/15
The weekend is upon us! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss plus a few extras.
But first, be sure you didn’t miss anything on the blog lately. Our email subscriptions are down, sadly, so be sure to check the homepage and social media for the latest Memphis lovin’ things to do around town.
– Where To See Santa In Memphis
– 10 Live Music Shows In Memphis This Month
– Volunteering and Giving Guide (big list of local nonprofits!)
– Things To Do For New Year’s Eve In Memphis
– Our Favorite Memphis Holiday Traditions
OK, now on to what to do in Memphis this weekend:
1. Lucero Family Christmas, Minglewood Hall, Saturday, doors 7 p.m./show 8 p.m., $21 – $23, all ages
It’s a midtown holiday tradition: the annual Lucero Family Christmas brings the Memphis-based Southern rockers to town for a packed-out show.
2. A Victorian Holiday With Opera Memphis, Dixon Gallery, Friday (7 p.m. – 10 p.m.) and Saturday (6 p.m. – 9 p.m.), $25 (or $50 for a 4-pack on Family Night)
Opera Memphis hosts an interactive experience at the Dixon – singers dressed in Victorian Era costumes, carols, games, an illusionist, and wassail drinks! Don’t know what wassail is? You’ll find out. Saturday night is Family Night, with an earlier start time.
3. Time Warp Drive-In: STRANGE CHRISTMAS 7, Summer Drive-In, Saturday, doors at 6:30 p.m./movies at 7:30 p.m., $10/person, all ages (parental discretion advised)
Join Black Lodge for Strange Christmas 6: a double feature of bizarre and funny yuletide tales. It’s the final Time Warp of the year, so grab a blanket and get over to Summer Avenue for Elf with Will Ferrell, Scrooged with Bill Murray, and a block of short holiday films that are sure to freak you out. Kids are allowed (parents, check out the movies first) and kids under 11 are free.
4. Deck the Paws, Humane Society of Memphis & Shelby County, Saturday, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m., $25 for photos, all ages
Our local Humane Society cares for injured dogs and cats and helps find them homes – and they need our help this holiday season! Bring your pet for $25 photos, ornaments, and Christmas cards for sale, with proceeds benefitting the nonprofit.
5. Holiday Parades!
Germantown hosts their parade on Saturday at 2 p.m. It goes west on Farmington from Kimbrough to Exeter and ends at the GAC. Uniformed Marines will collect Toys For Tots on the route.
Downtown Memphis hosts their parade on Saturday at 3 p.m. on Beale Street. Expect bands, floats, and the big man himself.
And a few more ideas…
Ballet Memphis’ Nutcracker, Orpheum Theatre, Thursday – Sunday, $10 – $78+, all ages/kid-friendly
The classic holiday ballet, with hundreds of dancers, elaborate costumes, and beloved music, all set in the romantic, historic Orpheum Theatre downtown.
18th Annual Toy Truck Benefitting Porter-Leath, WMC Action News 5, Friday – Saturday, gift or donation, all ages/kid-friendly
More than 6,200 children receive a brand-new toy under their Christmas trees via the Porter-Leath Toy Truck program, and they need you to play Santa. Bring your new, unwrapped toy or cash donations to eh Channel 5 station (by the Chic-Fil-A in Midtown at 1960 Union) this Friday or Saturday from 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Even more ideas…
– TN Shakespeare Company Presents “Miss Bennet: Christmas at Pemberley
– The 12 Dates of Christmas at The Circuit Playhouse Memphis Room
– Junie B. Jones at Circuit Playhouse
– Peter Pan at Playhouse on the Square
– Holiday Concert Weekend at Graceland (Fri. – Sat)
– Come See The King Christmas Musical at Faith Baptist Bartlett (Sat. – Sun)
– Santa’s Wonderland at Bass Pro Shops
– Christmas at Graceland
– Zoo Lights
– Enchanted Forest/Festival of Trees at the Pink Palace
– Starry Nights at Shelby Farms
– Holiday Wonders at Memphis Botanic Garden
– A Victorian Holiday With Opera Memphis, Dixon Gallery (Fri. – Sat.)
– Theatre Memphis Presents: A Christmas Carol
PB & Jammies Holiday Sing-Along at GPAC
Grizzlies v. Bucks at FedExForum
Firepit Fridays at the River Garden at MS River Park
Peanut Butter & Jammies at GPAC
Star Wars Cosmic Skate at Mid-South Ice House
Carols and Candlelight at Collierville Town Square
Black Lodge Presents: Sunweight Album Release Party
Ho Ho Highland Bar Crawl on the Highland Strip
Santa, Snow and The Grinch at Overton Square
Christmas with CoroRio at the Cannon Center
Angelina Ballerina’s A Very Merry Holiday Musical at Bartlett Performing Arts Center
Germantown Symphony Orchestra Holiday Concert at GPAC
12 Tastes of Christmas Martini Tasting, The Columns
Deck the Paws, Humane Society of Memphis & Shelby County
Jammies & Jingles at CMOM
Christmas Home Tour in Collierville
Time Warp Drive-In Strange Christmas 6, Malco Summer Drive-In
Grizzlies v. Wizards at FedExForum
Holiday Open House + 2-Year Anniversary Celebration at Cooper-Young Gallery + Gift Shop
Christmas Pawty with Mutt Mafia Dog Rescue at Loflin Yard
Darkon – The Adventure Begins! LARP event at Bert Ferguson Park
Pizza With Santa at Aldo’s Downtown
Future-Everything Presents: 12.14.19 at Growlers
Don’t Be Afraid Comedy at MidTown Crossing Grill
Folk All Y’all: Cory Branan’s Birthday Show at The Green Room
How The Grinch Stole Christmas Tea Party at Primas Bakery & Boutique
Santa at Celtic Crossing
Macrame Class at Memphis Made Brewing
Al Green 43rd Pastoral and Church Anniversary at 787 Hale Rd.
A Performance of Big Star’s Third & More at Crosstown Theater
Holly Street Live at Black Lodge
Tex-Mex Brunch Buffet at Loflin Yard
Tamar Braxton at The Cannon Center