5 Things To Do This Weekend: 11/22 – 11/24
Happy Friday, Memphis! It’s going to be a big weekend!
Read on for details on these and more things you won’t want to miss in Memphis this weekend. But first, be sure you didn’t miss anything on the blog lately:
– 10 ways to volunteer in December
– Memphis’ first dessert festival is coming up
– the best butter cookies in the world are made in Memphis
– our favorite Memphis holiday traditions
– 50+ ways to celebrate the holidays in Memphis
Now, on to the weekend:
1. St. Jude Memphis Marathon Poster Making Party, Crosstown Concourse, Friday, 5 p.m. – 7 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
Join I Love Memphis Blog, Crosstown Arts, and St. Jude at this official poster-making party in preparation for the Memphis Marathon cheer stations! Come make encouraging signs for the runners. We’ll have all the supplies and ideas you need.
2. Holiday Fun
Here are a few highlights. Check out the full Guide To Holiday Events.
– Soulsville USA Christmas Tree Lighting is Saturday at 4:30 p.m.
– Santa lands in a helicopter at the Pink Palace on Saturday at 9 a.m.
– SunTrust Zoo Lights get started at the Memphis Zoo on Friday night.
3. Holiday Markets happening this weekend:
– Boxlot (by High Cotton Brewing; Friday and Saturday)
– MCA last Holiday Bazaar Ever (Friday and Saturday)
– Memphis Farmers Market “Turkey Day” Market downtown (Saturday)
– Memphis Modern Market at Wiseacre (Saturday)
4. Memsgiving, Carolina Watershed, Saturday, 10:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m., $50 – $75, all ages
Take your Friendsgiving to the next level at the first-ever Memsgiving is during brunch this Saturday. Caroline Watershed downtown will become one giant Thanksgiving party with a big buffet, games, fire pits, live music, and drinks. “BFF Brunch” tickets ($75) include food, bottomless mimosas or Bloody Marys, VIP table, valet parking, and more starting at . The “GA Friend Feast” ($50) includes food and 2 drink tickets.
5. Celebrate Shelby, Shelby Farms Park, Sunday, 1 p.m. – 5:30 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
Happy 200th birthday, Shelby County! This Sunday, the cities of Shelby County come together at Shelby Farms for a big celebration for two centuries of awesomeness. Expect live music, lots of games and activities, food and drink, and a fireworks finale over Patriot Lake.
Plus a few more ideas….
– I Love Memphis + St. Jude + Crosstown Arts Poster Making Party at Crosstown Concourse
– Saddle Creek Holiday Kickoff (Santa Arrives)
– MCA Holiday Bazaar Preview
– Holiday Spirits Cocktail Festival at The Columns (moved from Overton Square due to weather)
– Wine Tasting at Southern Elegance in Southaven
– The Three B’s Memphis Symphony at Cannon Center
– Brewskis and Books at Memphis Made
– A Night Under The Stars at Railgarten
– Home Alone at the Pink Palace
– Celebrate Shelby at the Shelby Farms Park