Run, Party, Eat at the Breakaway Bardog 5K + Monroe Avenue Festival
It’s time for another year of the Breakaway Bardog 5K and the Monroe Avenue Festival in downtown Memphis! For a decade, several location organizations have come together to host this event: Bardog Tavern (downtown’s dependable neighborhood pub) and Breakaway Running (local running store + running group organizer) join forces to raise money for St. Jude (world famous life-saving children’s research hospital)… and you get to run, party and eat as a result.
This year’s Breakaway Bardog 5K is Sunday, August 18th. The run starts at 9 a.m. (you will need to be hydrated and sunscreen-ed, people!) and the party starts afterwards.
Over the last decade, this event has raised about $200,000 for St. Jude.
– If you sign up to run, you get a medal and a race shirt
– The winners get free Bardog for a year (winners – 1 female, 1 male, and 1 random runner)
– Live music all day
– A meatball-eating contest at 4 p.m. that’s always amusing
– An awesome raffle for St. Jude
– A craft beer and beverage tent
– After party with food, drinks, dunk tank, games, and more
All ages are welcome, but people do tend to imbibe aplenty as the day goes on.
Breakaway Bardog 5K + Monroe Avenue Festival
August 18th, 2019
5K begins at 9 a.m.
Sign Up To Run Here