5 Things To Do This Weekend: 6/28 – 6/30
Happy Friday, Memphis! Here are the five things you won’t want to miss in Memphis this weekend. Making plans for July 4th next week? Check out the Independence Day guide for all the parades, parties, and fireworks you can handle.
Don’t forget to check out the Memphis Patio Guide, 20 Kid-Friendly Things To Do In Memphis This Summer, and 10 Outdoor Adventures At Shelby Farms.
1. South Main Trolley Night, South Main Arts District, 6 p.m. – 9 p.m., free, all ages/kid-friendly
Shops and galleries host pop-ups and open houses on this final Friday of the month. If you haven’t stopped by Puck Food Hall, tonight’s the perfect time. South Main Sounds has live music, and the Jack Robinson Gallery hosts a pop up from Paper + Clay and Question the Answer. See more details here.
2. Yo Gotti & Friends Birthday Bash 7, FedEx Forum, Friday, 7 p.m., tickets start at $34.50
Memphis born rap and hip-hop artist Yo Gotti’s will celebrate his birthday with Memphians and special guests. Past performers at Yo Gotti’s annual birthday bashes have included Nicki Minaj, Young Jeezy, and Lil Wayne.
3. Memphis Concrete 2019, Crosstown Arts, Saturday – Sunday, $25-$50, all ages
This annual experimental electronic music festival happens in The Green Room at Crosstown Arts.
4. Mid-South International Festival, Railgarten, Saturday – Sunday, starts 11 a.m. both days, $10, all ages
Celebrate the many cultures of the world with traditional dancing and costumes. Enjoy food from an international menu and shop for jewelry and clothing.
5. Memphis Redbirds Homestand, AutoZone Park, Friday – Tuesday, times vary, prices vary, all ages/kid-friendly
The Redbirds have home games every night from Friday through Thursday, July 3, with plenty of speciality tickets, giveaways and more, including a Harry Potter night on Friday, fireworks on Saturday, a “Stranger Wings” night on Tuesday, and Independence Day festivities on Wednesday.
Don’t forget that the Levitt Shell has live music all weekend, including the Stax Academy students on Saturday. Please try to make at least a $5 donation when they pass the buckets around!