Levitt Shell Lineup Spring 2019
The Levitt Shell is finally back and better than ever! They announced their lineup for the Spring and Summer today, which runs from May 30th through July 21st.
Let’s look at the lineup:
Thursday, May 30 North Mississippi Allstars
Friday, May 31 Revel in Dimes
Saturday, June 1 River Whyless
Sunday, June 2 Talibah Safiyah, Beale Street Flippers
Thursday, June 6 Sam Lewis
Friday, June 7 The Commonheart
Saturday, June 8 Freddie McGregor
Sunday, June 9 BoDeans
Thursday, June 13 OSOG
Friday, June 14 Shell, YEAH! Robert Randolph & The Family band (ticketed show)
Saturday, June 15 Jenny & The Mexicats
Sunday, June 16 Bluff City Backsliders Anniversary Show
Thursday, June 20 Hayes Carll
Friday, June 21 TBA
Saturday, June 22 Ekpe & the African Jazz Ensemble
Sunday, June 23 Los Colognes
Thursday, June 27 Patriotic Pops
Friday, June 28 Flor De Toloache
Saturday, June 29 Stax Music Academy
Sunday, June 30 Donna the Buffalo
Thursday, July 4 No Show (Holiday)
Friday, July 5 Walden
Saturday, July 6 Orquesta Akokan
Sunday, July 7 The Petersen Brothers
Thursday, July 11 Israel Nash
Friday, July 12 The Marias
Saturday, July 13 John Paul White
Sunday, July 14 Los Coast
Thursday, July 18 Black Joe Lewis
Friday, July 19 New Breed Brass Band
Saturday, July 20 The Slackers
Sunday, July 21 Devon Gilfillian
Shell Yeah! Dates 2019 (ticketed benefit shows)
Friday, June 14 Robert Randolph and the family band
Friday, September 6 TBA
This spring/summer Levitt Shell concert season lasts from May 30 – July 21. They’ll announce a fall lineup for September and October, include the fall Shell Yeah! performer laster one.
A few things to know about Memphis’ Levitt Shell Free Concert Series:
- Bring chairs, blankets, coolers, picnics, any of your own food and drink – or enjoy the beer and food for sale.
- Most of the shows are free, except for the Shell Yeah! concerts. It’s always great to bring a couple of bucks to throw in the donation buckets, though.
- Most shows begin at 7 p.m., but I would get there at least a half-hour (or even an hour) early to snag a good spot.
- Parking is a challenge. I wouldn’t even do it, if it were me. I’d park somewhere else and walk, get a Lyft, get there very early, or better yet – take a bike or scooter.
- The shows are all ages, but as with anything, parents should look up the entertainment ahead of time to be sure they’re cool with it.