Levitt Shell Lineup
Levitt Shell Lineup Spring 2019
The Levitt Shell is finally back and better than ever! They announced their lineup for the Spring and Summer today, which runs from May 30th through July 21st.
Thursday, May 30 North Mississippi Allstars Friday, May 31 Revel in Dimes Saturday, June 1 River Whyless Sunday, June 2 Talibah Safiyah, Beale Street Flippers Thursday, June 6 Sam Lewis Friday, June 7 The Commonheart Saturday, June 8 Freddie McGregor Sunday, June 9 BoDeans Thursday, June 13 OSOG Friday, June 14 Shell, YEAH! Robert Randolph & The Family band (ticketed show) Saturday, June 15 Jenny & The Mexicats Sunday, June 16 Bluff City Backsliders Anniversary Show Thursday, June 20 Hayes Carll Friday, June 21 TBA Saturday, June 22 Ekpe & the African Jazz Ensemble Sunday, June 23 Los Colognes Thursday, June 27 Patriotic Pops Friday, June 28 Flor De Toloache Saturday, June 29 Stax Music Academy Sunday, June 30 Donna the Buffalo Thursday, July 4 No Show (Holiday) Friday, July 5 Walden Saturday, July 6 Orquesta Akokan Sunday, July 7 The Petersen Brothers Thursday, July 11 Israel Nash Friday, July 12 The Marias Saturday, July 13 John Paul White Sunday, July 14 Los Coast Thursday, July 18 Black Joe Lewis Friday, July 19 New Breed Brass Band Saturday, July 20 The Slackers Sunday, July 21 Devon Gilfillian
Shell Yeah! Dates 2019 (ticketed benefit shows) Friday, June 14 Robert Randolph and the family band Friday, September 6 TBA
This spring/summer Levitt Shell concert season lasts from May 30 - July 21. They'll announce a fall lineup for September and October, include the fall Shell Yeah! performer laster one.
Important things to know about the Levitt Shell's free concert series
- Bring chairs, blankets, coolers, picnics, any of your own food and drink—or enjoy the beer and food for sale.
- Most of the shows are free, except for the Shell Yeah! concerts. It's good form to bring a couple of bucks to throw in the donation buckets, though.
- Most shows begin at 7 p.m., but it fills up early so arrive an hour to half-hour in advance to get settled.
- Parking is a challenge. I wouldn't even do it, if it were me. I'd park somewhere else and walk, get a Lyft, get there very early, or better yet—take a bike or scooter.
- The shows are all ages, but as with anything, parents should look up the entertainment ahead of time to be sure they’re cool with it.