Your Memphis Guide To Super Bowl 53
Super Bowl 53 is on February 3, 2019. Whether you’re going out or staying in on Super Bowl Sunday, here’s your guide to the big game’s food, drink, and festivities in Memphis.
Keep reading for a list of places to watch the Super Bowl in Memphis, Memphis Super Bowl parties, places that deliver in Memphis, and places for Memphis hot wings.
Super Bowl 53
New England Patriots v. Los Angeles Rams
5:30 p.m. CST on CBS
1. Where To Watch The Super Bowl In Memphis: places doing specials and parties.
– Celtic Crossing will host a Superb Owl Party starting at 3 p.m. with drink specials including $10 beer buckets and $5 Jameson, plus $2 off appetizers and hot wings and homemade chili.
– Privé hosts a Super Bowl Viewing Party on Sunday with food and drink specials and music by DJ Houston. Free admission and doors open at 4:30 p.m.
– The Hi-Tone is raffling off a Crock Pot full of meatballs at halftime. The “event” is from 7 p.m. – 11 p.m. I hope this is real.
– Craft Republic Sanderlin (aka Fox & Hound) will host a Puppy Bowl Watch Party from noon to 4 p.m. hosted by Melody the dog. Entry is a $5 donation for the Humane Society. Family-friendly. I have a sneaky feeling they’ll probably show the human game afterwards.
– High Point Pub hosts their 27th annual Super Bowl Sunday Funday from 4 p.m. to 11:30 p.m.
– Tug’s on Mud Island will offer Big Game Sunday Specials from 3 p.m. to 10 p.m., including $2 bottled domestics, happy hour drinks, $5 apps, plus food specials like chili cheese dogs, nachos, buffalo chicken, and jalapeño poppers.
– High Cotton Taproom will show the game on their new six-foot-tall TV in the back room, and Edge Alley next door will have a special menu with buffalo-style wings, ranch burgers, steak chili, and jalapeño poppers.
– Local Gastropub will host a Super Bowl party with a buffet and drink specials. Best I can tell, it’s happening at both locations.
– Loflin Yard will host a Saints Super Bowl Boycott party starting at 1 p.m. with $2 Bud Light draft and “NFL Ref Olympics” where participants will be blindfolded to play cornhold and darts.
– Railgarten will host a Watch Party starting at 5:30 p.m. with happy hour pricing on Jell-O shots, pitchers, and drafts.
– Horseshoe Tunica hosts the “Ultimate Super Bowl Experience” inside the Bluesville bar with a giant screen, food and bev specials, and giveaways. Free admission. Doors at 3:30 p.m.
– Robusto by Havana Mix Cigar Bar hosts a watch party from 5 p.m. to 10 p.m. at 250 Peabody Place.
– Perignons hosts a Watch Party with $2 pints, $9 pitchers, $8 punch, big screens, and no cover. Doors at 3:30 p.m.
– Wild Bill’s hosts a Super Bowl Watch Party with blues by the Juke Joint AllStars. Doors at 5 p.m.
The Whitehaven Library will host a super bowl party with “pizza, chicken wings, activities for children, half-time entertainment”.
– Muddy’s will host a football cookie decorating gathering the day before, Saturday at 10 a.m. Limited seating!
Here are some other places to watch, in no particular order. Let me know your favorite spots and I’ll add them to the list.
Max’s Sports Bar
Aldo’s Pizza Pies
Local on the Square
Young Avenue Deli
The Second Line
East + ‘burbs:
Kooky Canuck Cordova
Flying Saucer Cordova
Mr. P’s Buffalo Wings
2. What To Eat: where to get hot wings or order delivery
Super Bowl = Food = Hot Wings for many people. Here are some (but not all) of the best places in Memphis to get them, in no particular order. Below that is a short list of great places that deliver.
Places That Deliver/Cater: plan ahead and call early. Individual restaurants may have geographic delivery restrictions. It might be worth calling places days ahead of time to find out individual establishments’ ordering and delivery policies due to high demand.
– Aldo’s Pizza (downtown and midtown locations deliver to their neighborhoods, respectively)
– Bardog (downtown only)
– Cozy Corner is doing pre-orders for catering while supplies last and will be open 2 p.m. to 5 p.m. on Sunday. Pre-orders only! Call 901-527-9158 for details and orders.
– Little Italy
– Jet’s Pizza
– New Wing Order Food Truck is doing pre-orders for party packs of wings and tacos for pickup or drop off. Call 901-747-8893 for details.
– Trolley Stop
– Young Ave. Deli (Cooper Young area only)
– Westy’s Downtown + Westy’s Express Midtown (downtown + midtown only)
Of course, we have UberEats and BiteSquad, too. I’ve had good experiences with both. I’ve had less great experiences with DoorDash and they seem to have mostly chains and fast food, but nothing to make me not want to try them again.
3. Other Places/Things That Might Be Helpful For Your Super Bowl Sunday Consumption Needs
– Cash Saver is helpful for their cheap beer selection and growler filling station.
– Don’t forget Fresh Market, Whole Foods, and Kroger for prepared foods.