The Ultimate Memphis Patio List: 100+ Places To Eat and Drink Outside

Posted by Holly Whitfield | January 3rd 2019 56322 0

Here it is: Memphis area patios, listed (generally) by neighborhood. I will continue to update this list of patios, so if left off your favorite patio all you have to do is leave me a comment!

Belly Acres

I’ve created this based on older posts about patios here, here, and here, and more I added in March 2017. While those other blog posts give a bit more commentary on the patios and have more pictures, this post you’re reading right now is meant to be more of a big reference list of patios.

I have added *dog friendly if the restaurants allowed leashed dogs on their patios. Some of these patios are big, some are tiny, some are just table or two, some are covered or partially enclosed, and some patios are not.

I can’t control when a restaurant decides to open their patio or not, so call ahead if you have a doubt. Many of these places technically do allow smoking outside, so call ahead if  that’s a dealbreaker for you. If there’s a place I think you’re likely to encounter smoking, I’ve made that note.

OK, without further ado, here’s a list of patios in Memphis, including pet friendly patios and Memphis dog friendly patios. Sunglasses on, bottoms up.

Downtown

– Loflin Yard *dog friendly (the whole place is basically a patio)
– Central BBQ Downtown *midtown and downtown locations are dog friendly
Automatic Slim’s (just a few tables)
– Terrace at the River Inn (the covered rooftop bar/restaurant at The River Inn at Harbor Town)
– Blue Monkey Downtown (might be some smoking)
–
Cafe Eclectic Harbor Town
Lunchbox Eats
Dirty Crow Inn *dog friendly (might be some smoking)
The View Rooftop Bar at Residence Inn
Carolina Watershed (open Fri-Sun. only)
Old Dominick Distillery (rooftop access via the upstairs bar when it’s open)
The Greyhound at Hilton Garden Inn *dog friendly

Main Street
– Felicia Suzanne’s *dog friendly (water bowls sometimes available)
Cafe Keough
Maciel’s *dog friendly (just a few tables)
– Aldo’s *dog friendly
Local Gastropub *dog friendly
Blind Bear Speakeasy (might be some smoking)
Blue Fin
– Majestic Grille *dog friendly
– South of Beale *dog friendly
Green Beetle *dog friendly
Bluff City Coffee
Rizzo’s (just a few tables)
Max’s Sports Bar *dog friendly when they’re not crowded (might be some smoking)
Ghost River Brewing Taproom *dog friendly
Pontotoc Lounge (just a few tables – call ahead for dog-friendly patio info)
–
The Vault *dog friendly
Hu. Hotel (formerly the Madison Hotel, they’ve reopened and have a rooftop patio)

Beale Street
– Bleu (at the Westin)
Silky O’Sullivan’s
– Jerry Lee Lewis’ Cafe
– Alfred’s on Beale
– Rum Boogie Cafe
– B.B. King’s
– Tin Roof

Cafe Ole

Crosstown / The Edge
– Mollie Fontaine Lounge (just table or two)
Midtown Crossing Grill
High Cotton Brewing taproom + Edge Alley *dog friendly
Crosstown Brewing Co. *dog friendly
Crosstown Concourse including Saucy Chicken, MEMPops, Next Door American Eatery (multiple patios, dog friendly)

Midtown

Cafe 1912
Muddy’s Midtown * dog friendly
– ECCO on Overton Park *dog friendly
– Otherlands Coffee Bar  *dog friendly
– Central BBQ Midtown (2249 Central Ave.) *midtown and downtown locations are dog friendly
– Bhan Thai *I’ve heard it’s dog friendly, but I get mixed reports. Call ahead to be sure.
– Slider Inn *dog friendly
Cafe Eclectic Midtown
– Huey’s Midtown
– Railgarten
I Love Juice Bar
– Blue Monkey Midtown (might be some smoking)
–
Hattie B’s

Cooper Young – most everywhere has at least a few tables outside

Memphis Made Brewing taproom *dog friendly
– Beauty Shop / DKDC (there will 100% be some smoking late-night at DKDC)
– Tsunami
Alchemy *dog friendly
Hammer & Ale *dog friendly
Mulan *dog friendly
Sweet Grass Next Door *dog friendly
– Young Ave. Deli *dog friendly (might be some smoking)
– Cafe Ole *dog friendly (might be some smoking)
Celtic Crossing *dog friendly (might be some smoking)
Stone Soup Cafe *dog friendly
– Soul Fish Cafe *dog friendly

Loflin Yard

Overton Square

– Babalu
– Second Line *dog friendly, please inform the hostess you have your furry friend with you
– Memphis Pizza Cafe Midtown (2087 Madison Ave.) *dog friendly
– Bayou Bar and Grill
– Bosco’s
– Local on the Square *dog friendly
Deli on the Square *dog friendly
Side Street Grill (might be some smoking)
– Lafayette’s Music Room
– Belly Acres *dog friendly
– Robata *dog friendly
– Hopdoddy

Broad Avenue

Maximo’s on Broad
City & State *dog friendly
– Wiseacre Taproom *very dog friendly, like, so many dogs
– The Cove  *dog friendly (likely to be some smoking)
The Liquor Store *dog friendly

Wiseacre Taproom

East Memphis

– Lost Pizza Co. *dog friendly
– Cheffie’s *dog friendly
RP Tracks (likely be some smoking)
– Swanky’s Taco Shop (4770 Poplar Avenue)
– Memphis Sports Pub *dog friendly

Brookhaven Circle
– Hog & Hominy *dog friendly
– Brookhaven Pub (695 West Brookhaven Circle) *dog friendly
– Andrew Michael Italian Kitchen

Hammer & Ale

Suburbs

The Half Shell Southwind (7825 Winchester Rd.)
Huey’s – pretty much all the Huey’s
– East End Grill – both Bartlett and Southwind locations

Casablanca (7609 Poplar Pike)
Southern Social (2285 S. Germantown Road)
Farm and Fries (7724 Poplar Pike)
Russo’s New York Pizzeria in Germantown (9087 Poplar Ave. #111) *dog friendly
Mesquite Chop House in Germantown (3165 S. Forest Hill Irene Rd.)
– Mellow Mushroom in Germantown (9155 Poplar)** *dog friendly

– Kooky Canuck in Cordova (1250 N. Germantown Parkway)
– Flying Saucer in Cordova**
– My Favorite Place in Cordova
– Three Guys Pizza in Cordova (Germantown Rd.)
– Meddlesome Brewing

Cajun Catfish Company in Collierville (336 New Byhalia Rd.)
Booya’s in Collierville (330 Market Blvd.) *dog friendly
– Square Beans in Collierville
– Bangkok Alley in Collierville

– East Coast Wings & Grill (2946 Kate Hyde Blvd.)
– El Mezcal in Bartlett
East End Grill – both Bartlett and Southwind locations
– El Porton in Bartlett
– Bahama Breeze** at Wolfchase
Los Cabos in Bartlett
El Idolo in Bartlett
El Patron in Bartlett
Pizza Social in Bartlett

** I don’t normally include non-local chains in my lists of Memphis patios, but so many people suggested these patios that I added them.

When I started to update the old posts and realized I’d gotten past 100 total patios, I got worried the list was too long. So, I did what I always do when I’m wondering something and I posed the question to Twitter: How many patios are too many patios for a list of MidSouth patios? The answer was pretty much this:

Comments

1. Cafe Eclectic says:

This is awesome! Just for next time- all three stores Harbortown, Midtown and Highland have patios and all are very Dog Friendly. Thank you so much for doing this list- al fresco is the only way to dine in memphis in the spring!

2. Keri says:

You forgot Local on Overton Square. They are dog friendly.

3. Steve Meek says:

Hey Holly! Thanks for adding Mellow in Gtown. We are local owners of the franchise, And live in Collierville. Our patio is dog friendly too! Love your stuff!!
    Steve.

4. Debby Black says:

Great list! East Memphis Pls include Memphis Sports Pub (some smoking) dog friendly. Thank you for this information!

5. Natalie says:

Is Lunchbox Eats still open? I like their patio.

6. W. T. says:

Thanks for noting the patios that are dog friendly. I wanted to add some updates to the included list. I have taken my dog to the patios at Bhan Thai, Green Beetle, Lyfe Kitchen downtown, Fuel Cafe, Cafe Eclectic midtown, The Beauty Shop, Bar Louie, and Belly Acres. They were all wonderfully accommodating. Cafe Society on Evergreen also welcomes dogs with open arms. However, Babalu has told us multiple times that we cannot bring a dog on that patio.
    Hope this is useful to all the dog peeps in Memphis. Thanks!

• Holly Whitfield says:

Thanks W.T.! I will go ahead and remove dog-friendly from Babalu. On the phone they told me it was ok but they’re clearly not keeping with that. 🙂

7. Paul says:

Owen Brennan’s on Poplar just east of 240 has an AWESOME patio – and terrific food, too.

8. PATIOS!!!!!! says:

OMG!!!!! I love patios and this list. Thank you so much for posting this.

9. Caleb says:

High Point Pizza *Dog Friendly and has a patio

10. Red says:

Gotta add Crosstown Brewing Company!

11. Neill says:

Meddlesome in Cordova has a patio. I think they are dog friendly as well.

12. Neill says:

Meddlesome brewery in Cordova has a great patio.

13. Annie Yoder says:

How about adding McAllisters? Poplar plaza and Collierville locations are dog friendly. What a great reference you have made. Thanks!!

14. Mori Welborn says:

Kabob International in Cordova (Dexter) is now closed:(

15. Janice Smythe-Tune says:

Terrific offerings…THANKS FOR SHARING!!

16. Traci Nolan says:

The Kitchen at Shelby Farms apparently closed at the end of 2018. 🙁

17. Brian Thompson says:

TJ Mulligan’s on Trinity and the Hwy 64 location both have patios

18. Cyndia Wright says:

Why did you not mention Deli on the Square? We have a newly renovated patio that’s is very dog friendly. We have been family owned and operated for over 20 years. We serve breakfast and lunch from open (7am) to close and feature all house made soups daily.
    I hope you will come by and see us sometime and enjoy our patio.

• Holly Whitfield says:

We’re getting close to 140 patios, nobody was “left off” on purpose, it’s just a work in progress! I added about 25 to the list for 2019, including Deli on the Square. Thank you! Sounds wonderful.

19. Patsy Haley says:

The Liquor Store on Broad has a patio and is dog friendly.

20. R French says:

Huey’s Southwind has an amazing patio, as well as the half shell there too. Germantown Huey’s and Cordova are great too

21. Tory says:

The patio at Booyas in collierville is dog friendly too ♥️

22. Ashley Jamieson says:

Mortimer’s! We have a covered patio and are adding a new TV – also dog friendly 🙂

23. Devon says:

Just moved here from Michigan. Live in Bartlett. Don’t see places out by me. Also, world love to know how family friendly places are. lastly, Is it apart of the culture to drive 20 min to everything? Thanks

• Holly Whitfield says:

I asked a few people from Bartlett for their insight on your questions, and added their suggestions to the patio list. All the ones in Bartlett are reported to be family friendly. As for others around town, majority are fine for families, especially earlier or during lunch. The ones who mention smoking tend to be less kid-friendly, of course. If you have a question about a specific one or neighborhood, let me know, though and I”m happy to give you more info.

Bartlett Tex-Mex restaurants like El Idolo, Los Cabo, El Porton, El Mezcal, and El Patron were all mentioned for their patios (and all family-friendly) as well as East End Grill (maybe go earlier to ensure fam-friendly atmosphere) and quite a few people said Pizza Social on Kirby Whitten.

As for the 20 minutes question, it depends on what you’re looking to do and your definition of “everything”. Some folks like to stick in their suburban neighborhoods (and find their day-to-day needs met there) but I think many who live outside the loop regularly make that 20 minute trip into the city core for things like sporting events, theater, festivals, attractions, more dining options, etc. And I do think that’s a part of American culture for those who choose to live outside city’s cores. It’s a pretty short commute time compared to some cities’ suburbs-to-center travel time!

Let me know if you have any other questions and welcome to the Mid-South and Memphis. 🙂

24. Witney Wilcox says:

Hello, we opened East Coast Wings + Grill in May 2017. We are located at 2946 Kate Hyde Blvd. across from Wolfchase Mall. We have 2 large flat screen TVs on our patio, heat lamps, and crawfish on Sunday’s. It’s a great spot thank you

• Holly Whitfield says:

Hi Witney! Thanks so much for your message. I’m adding your awesome sounding patio to this list! Do y’all happen to be dog-friendly?

25. Beth Yarbrough says:

In Germantown we also have wonderful patios at Casablanca, Southern Social and Farm and Fries.

26. Adair Hogue says:

Looking for a list of venues that might be interested in live music by one of to musicians during dinner or on patio?

• Holly Whitfield says:

Adair, I don’t have a list for that specifically, but here are some places that have patio music or dinner music inside/outside:
      all the Huey’s
      Cafe Ole
      Blind Bear
      Pontotoc Lounge
      Loflin Yard
      Dirty Crow Inn
      Ghost River Taproom
      Crosstown Brewing
      Blue Monkey (either location)
      Celtic Crossing