Memphis Discounts For Furloughed Government Employees During Shutdown
This madness has to stop. Until it does, here are some ways that furloughed government employees can catch a break.
All of these are for furloughed federal employees who present ID.
– Crosstown Arts Cafe will offer 50 percent off a meal.
– Chef Tam’s Underground will offer 20 percent off a meal
– Rawk n Grub will offer 50 percent off a combo meal
– Downtown Yoga will offer free classes
– I heard that some of the restaurants at the airport are offering discounts for TSA employees affected by the shutdown.
– Chef Sean Gilliam is providing meals to families affected by the furlough; he has a GoFundMe if you want to support his efforts. Read more about his efforts on CNN.
– The Memphis Symphony is offering $15 ticket to performances
– IRIS Orchestra will offer free admission to furloughed federal employees and $25 ticket for a month after the shutdown ends.
Thanks to Arts Memphis for compiling this list, which you can check for more updates and offers.
These local museums are providing two tickets to employees on furlough:
– Stax Museum
– National Civil Rights Museum
– Memphis Music Hall of Fame
– Memphis Rock ‘n’ Soul Museum
– Dixon Gallery & Gardens
– Pink Palace Family of Museums
– Metal Museum (admission for two adults plus any children)
Know of more? Let me know in the comments.